First clutch ever, your opinion? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
GraystoneReptiles
Nice clutch! I am fairly new to ball pythons but I am guessing that killerbee is gstripe also. The "killerbee" you have has a reduced amount of pattern "crossover" unlike most killerbees I have seen. If you look at that bee stripe it has a few crossovers also. Hope you turn out to have a killerbee gstripe!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Caveman
That's a tuff one.

Super pastels are usually a little more busy then pastels. That might account for the little bit more pattern. You got a good chance at it being a killer bee g stripe. On the other hand I've seen killer bees and bees with full stripes. That's a tuff call. But if I were you I'd deff keep it. Very nice first clutch!!!

Caveman

Old 07-31-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
leisgem
So for my 2nd and last clutch of the year, I held the possible killer hornet back (from the previous posts, 1st picture). Paired him with a pastel g stripe female and got the clutch below. While not 100% definite g-stripe, it does bring the probability to 3%.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2015, 07:40 PM   #14
Dbz4246
Ok, I am no expert on G-stripes, but that Super Pastel G-stripe (I think) looks awesome! And IDK, but the stripes look really prominent on the babies that are for sure G-stripe. The killerbee and the Bumblebee don't look to be G-stripes, but that's just my opinion. I am assuming that the Het in them could possibly be influencing the snakes? Maybe?

Old 08-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #15
leisgem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
Ok, I am no expert on G-stripes, but that Super Pastel G-stripe (I think) looks awesome! And IDK, but the stripes look really prominent on the babies that are for sure G-stripe. The killerbee and the Bumblebee don't look to be G-stripes, but that's just my opinion. I am assuming that the Het in them could possibly be influencing the snakes? Maybe?
Yeah I thought the super pastel g-stripe has a nice look. The hornet and killer hornet are g-stripe, can tell by the reduction of side pattern, in my experience the het really doesn't have "bleed through" at least not when it comes to spider combos (don't know about other morph combos). If you look at the other snakes in the original clutch (all g-stripe or 100% het) none of them really have anything that would look like influencing.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:50 AM   #16
Big Borg Reptiles
If the killer bee wasn't a g stripe then you hit some pretty crazy odds. Congrats, I think you got the beast

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!