High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 53 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #521
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
I always have time for those whom I like in here. I did see it, and no I met no one else but David. There was someone working in the rodent breeding area, but I could care less about seeing feeder animals to be quite honest, I never like to get attached(believe me I have a damn pet rat in my living room now lol, but he is cool). There were many cages, homemade mostly but lots of sweater box type things for the smaller animals and such. I would say for large constrictors there were at least 50 cages and then tons of smaller cages with other stuff. My passion is AfRocks so I was looking mostly at those, and the patternless are sooo awesome I might add, but there was definately a lot of stuff and a lot of morphs and such. The albino granite that fell under a lot of question as to being kept in to small of a cage looked fine(in shed when I got there) and she is BIG, but she had plenty of room for a burm, as they are not active, especially at that size when well fed. Also honestly I was concerned about the screen/wire(whatever the proper term) fronts with the retics, knowing how much they like to push, but not one of them had a mark on their face, I was shocked. He said he hasnt had one problem with them, and it showed. They are obliviously cared for and content, because anyone who has kept retics knows they will push for food, or even boredom or lack of space, and Afrocks are pushers too if upset. All in all I was impressed and felt comfortable leaving my animals behind there, otherwise they would have been staying in NJ with a friend who offered to take them for a bit if things did not work out, until I got myself together. Irregardless to the outcome of this whole thread I feel 100 percent confident in the well being of my animals there and other than with myself would rather have them nowhere else. I have pics since they have been down there, and they look excellent, healthy and happy, what more can I ask for? I probably come off a bit selfish, and in this case I am, I worry much more about my animals well being than who David is/was/will be. To me it's not important, because the person I met cares for his animals as much as I do, and sadly this day in age people see numbers not individuals, so this is rare. Its all about increasing profits and so forth, while David is out to make money, and who isnt, I can tell you he does care very much about those animals, and that is something you can not lie about. Its not about what a person says, its the way their face lights up when they talk about them and interact with them, that childish almost giddy nature of absolute bliss. Will David come thru on his baby deal with me, only time will tell, but until then I feel that he will, and has given me no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him, regardless of anything that has been said here. Really back to work this time, Dan M.
Let's see...

* Convicted (of homicide, no less) felon, has already had to give up collection once to spend quality time incarcerated - reptiles he supposedly cares about so much his face lights up

* Serious threats to people after being released - doesn't sound too rehabbed, eh?

* Alleged robberie(s) and/or burglarie(s) of animals (reptiles he supposedly cares about so much his face lights up)

* Defending another (alleged) piece of scum for a theft of reptiles (reptiles he supposedly cares about so much his face lights up)

* Caught in lies, over and over again - even admittedly

* Feces all the hell over enclosures; evident in pictures (reptiles he supposedly cares about so much his face lights up)

* Multiple personalities and identities

* Misrepresents animals, doctors pictures (reptiles he supposedly cares about so much his face lights up)

* Misrepresents business size and experience

* Misrepresents business existance

* Dillusional

* Keeps and transports animals illegally and then ditches when he should have taken it like a man (reptiles he supposedly cares about so much his face lights up)

You bet, I would feel 100% confident that my snakes were going to be well taken care of by a person of this caliber!!! :: insert sarcasm ::

C'mon Dan... There is the distinct possibility that he is hiding from the law and/or runs the risk of being or getting in trouble again, he's a thief, he was convicted of homicide, he has dillusions of grandeur, he is a pathological liar, and is most likely clinically paranoid delusional - big breeders conspired to deliberately infect his collection with IBD???? I don't know if that's sad, comical, insane, or utterly assinine; all of those, actually.

Am I a psychologist? Nope, and I'm not a rocket scientist; I have no need to be either. Neither do you.

How long until the law catches up to him or he implodes, and your animals are quickly sold off or abandoned? Yesiree, I'd be really confident they're in a safe place.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #522
Dave Lawson
Dang SoulSmilen, Don't hold it back.........Tell us how you really feel!!!!!!!

By the way With your last post.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #523
HerpVenue
Quote:
There are some in this thread who are not open to opinion other than their own and those people are few and far between, but they do exist. I always keep an open mind. Everyone knows where I stand at the time and if that changes you will know, believe me, but until something happens that changes my view I am where i am. .
Well since you are oh so open minded.
And since you are a customer of david's
Actually it is more like he is a customer of yours.

How about asking him for a picture of his license?

It seems no one can get that from him......NOT EVEN HIS CUSTOMERS..

Old 01-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #524
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
That happened to a friend of mine many years ago...(the "female" not the snake). I think that would be a bit worse but at least it didn't cost him a whole lot of money to buy "her" a few drinks.
So...

It happened to your "FRIEND" huh?

Riiiiggghhhhttt Jim...your FRIEND. Got ya.

It was a friend. I was a virgin when I got married....both times.
You're not one of those "butt sex doesn't count" people are you?

(Just couldn't stop...myself...from hitting...submit... )

Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #525
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
You're not one of those "butt sex doesn't count" people are you?

(Just couldn't stop...myself...from hitting...submit... )
LMAO....I'll have to check with Bill Clinton on that one.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #526
ms_terese
Quote:
You must spread some karma around before giving it to SoulSmilen again.
Excellent post, Denise!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #527
fuscusking13
Well I will address Ritchie first as far as the license goes. I have no need nor desire to see a copy of Davids license. It has no bearing about how I feel about where my snakes are or how they are being cared for. I get my regular updates and pictures and I am satisified.

As to the post by soulsmilen(sorry if I butchered your name, going off memory here). I dont really know how to respond to this. All I can say is that I have not seen proof of many of these things although I have not read thru many of the threads outside of this one. I like to meet someone and make my own judgements. My absolute best friend in the world, and only person I would trust my life with, she is actually who gets my life insurance policy when I meet my end- thats how much I trust her) I was told by many to stay away from. Had I listened to everyone else we would have never become so close. Many of my other friends told me she was nothing but trouble ect, but when I hit rock bottom they were nowhere to be found and she was there to get me through, and without her I question whether I would even be here anymore. Point being sometimes you have to make a judgement call on your own and see where that road leads. I do not regret my choice to sell my snakes to David at this point regardless of his past or present. He looked me straight in the face, and did not give me even a bad feeling, and for everyone saying he has such poor intrapersonal skills, well he certainly did not in person. I respect everyone elses opinions, but I prefer to make my own calls, and am prepared for any consequences that may bring. I am going to bed, so everyone have a wonderful night/evening depending on your time zone, but the baby is asleep and I need to get to bed before 3am for once. Take care all, Dan M.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 AM   #528
HerpVenue
Quote:
Well I will address Ritchie first as far as the license goes. I have no need nor desire to see a copy of Davids license. It has no bearing about how I feel about where my snakes are or how they are being cared for. I get my regular updates and pictures and I am satisified.
Wow, well then lets not talk about how open minded you are.
Basically the above quote says, you have made your opinion and do not care to learn of the facts.

It does not have a bearing on where your snakes are or how they are being cared for........ how about WHO they are with?

Basically if he is Damon and he lied to you about his identity.... to you he still did good business.

By the way... you were NOT his customer. He was YOUR customer.

so if your customer lies to you.....but you did not get "cheated" then all is okay.
sort of like the way you feel that doctoring pictures are okay.

I am begginning to get the idea on how you do business. YIKES !!!

I am starting to believe the saying "birds of a feather"

Old 01-19-2007, 06:13 AM   #529
Ravens_Mama
Knowing now what this man is capable of...Im glad Jim had someone watching his back....doesnt sound like someone you can trust as far as you can throw em. Did you know statistically 99% of those people who have committed a murder have been proven to practice on animals first!! How can someone be comfortable with their animals with a person of this caliber??? on another note if he does have more customers out there then have spoken up can you BLAME them for keeping mum about ANY knowledge of this guy? HELL he has their names numbers address and who knows if he takes paypal he may even have more important info about these people and for the sake of fearing for their own safety dont feel its worth the risk of coming forward and possibly provoking this mans negative attention. We know hes capable of murder and who knows what other nasty niceties he indulges in. I for one cant sit mum when animals are in question which is why i now have a dissabled pit puppy sitting in front of my heater LOL. Im one to go well above and beyond for my animals and animals in general. HEH has not shown themselves to warrant the care of ANYTHING especially animals NOR children which sadly he does have both.

JenJen

Old 01-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #530
Dave Lawson
Dan, I am trying to figure out why you are willing to go to the mat for a personod such low morales. Have You evr heardthe saying " IF YOU LAY WITH DOGS YOUR GOING TO GET FLEES?" Well sir do you feel the need to scratch? David/HEH is holding money of yours so the question is what did he promise you, money off your bill a free snake, what? Because that is what it looks like

People that commit murder are more then likely to commit a lesser crime (robbery, burglary, battery ect...) once releasted from prison, It has been shown that Damon/David/HEH hasproved this to be a fact. He is not a person to be trusted he is the person that weman should fear that if you see him on your street people should hide the kids,animals and things a value pull down the blinds and lock your doors.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart