Jim Stelpflug of Southwest Wisconsin Reptiles is a great guy!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #21
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by twreptiles View Post
First of all, it doesn't matter that you returned the animal once yours started breeding. What matters is that Jim Stelpflug sent you the male Pastel without asking for anything in return. This goes to show that Jim cares very much about his customers and their success. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have sent you the male Pastel in the first place. As for the mis-sexed animal, that was obviously an honest mistake. It happens to everyone, even the front runners in the business. Rather you were posting on your account or someone elses account, you should have talked to Jim about this matter first. I can assure you that he would have done more than enough to make it right. This is just my opinion, but I think that you'll find that many people will agree with me.
Did I say he didn't care about his customers? No jackass.

He didn't send it, I picked it up

This was the first mis-sexed animal I EVER received. And what made it worse was that I traded it to someone who wanted it and got their hopes up only to have them crushed because this animal was mis-sexed. So he probably thinks I'm unreliable and possibly a scammer now because I traded him a valued $100 (or less) snake for a $250 pair of Timor Monitors.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #22
Aj_Balls
And just as a side note, I do have other snakes from Jim.

When I was first getting into ball pythons he cut me a cut deal on a pair of 05 Het Albinos. I love both those snakes to death and wouldn't trade them for anything. The male has never refused a meal and is a stud. The female only eats during the summer/fall months and last year was her first year breeding but unfortunately slugged out.

I also have a Spider P/H Ghost from him that eats great (an the only mouse eater in my collection) and was breeding for a little while last year before I discontinued him.

So in no way am I saying Jim is a bad guy and no one should buy off him. I'm just pointing out I got a mis-sexed animal from him. For every some 100 positive things about someone, there is usually one negative thing. Unfortunately I was on the negative side for once.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #23
Jim@SW
Quote:
So in no way am I saying Jim is a bad guy
So now I am not a bad guy? But this morning when you signed on under someone else's name, and slandered me. Then I was a bad guy?

After doing some checking. You did not get any snakes from directly in 2007. Your last purchase from me would have been in 2006. I would like you to bring the snake to me this weekend. You have said you are going to be at Tinley Park this weekend. I do keep photo ID`s on a lot of animals.

If you would like to talk to me more about this? I will be in Tinley Park again this year. Like I have been since the show started. I will not comment on this matter anymore with you until then.

Jim Stelpflug
SW Reptiles

Old 10-07-2008, 01:38 AM   #24
KelliH
Quote:
I traded an 07 het albino female for two timor monitors then found out it was a male. Jim, I attempting calling you but never got an answer. So I just left it.
Do you not double check the sexes on your animals shortly after you get them? How long did you have the ball python before doing the trade?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #25
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Do you not double check the sexes on your animals shortly after you get them? How long did you have the ball python before doing the trade?
Not before then. Like I said, that was the first mis-sexed snake I ever had. Every other snake I bought, if it was male, I believed the seller. When the males (not many) are big enough, I toss them with a female and that's that. Females, same thing, I toss a male with them and wait for eggs. Now I check every snake. Every other snake I bought as male is male and every snake I bought as female is female.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 AM   #26
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim@SW View Post
After doing some checking. You did not get any snakes from directly in 2007. Your last purchase from me would have been in 2006. I would like you to bring the snake to me this weekend. You have said you are going to be at Tinley Park this weekend. I do keep photo ID`s on a lot of animals.
I'd love to had I not sold it. I had no need for another het albino male.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 AM   #27
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim@SW View Post
So now I am not a bad guy? But this morning when you signed on under someone else's name, and slandered me. Then I was a bad guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslsnakes
I bought a female het albino ball python from Jim about two years ago. Then I traded it for a pair of timor monitors. Next thing I know I have the guy at the other end of the trade yelling at me because what I traded him was a MALE. So I had to return the timor monitors. Upset me very much.
Where does it say I think you're a bad guy?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:09 AM   #28
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_Balls View Post
Did I say he didn't care about his customers? No jackass.

He didn't send it, I picked it up

This was the first mis-sexed animal I EVER received. And what made it worse was that I traded it to someone who wanted it and got their hopes up only to have them crushed because this animal was mis-sexed. So he probably thinks I'm unreliable and possibly a scammer now because I traded him a valued $100 (or less) snake for a $250 pair of Timor Monitors.
ANYONE can make a mistake in sexing an animal. It happens. Especially if you picked the animal up, it should have been double-checked, by you, at that time, before completing the purchase - I'm sure Jim would not have been offended had you done so.

And you cannot blame Jim for your irresponsibility in not making sure the animal was indeed a female before sending it out in trade.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:15 AM   #29
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
ANYONE can make a mistake in sexing an animal. It happens. Especially if you picked the animal up, it should have been double-checked, by you, at that time, before completing the purchase - I'm sure Jim would not have been offended had you done so.

And you cannot blame Jim for your irresponsibility in not making sure the animal was indeed a female before sending it out in trade.
Maybe the seller (referring to any seller) should double check their animals before advertising them for what they are. The buyer pays for what they see/want. They should not have to double/triple/quadruple check an animal. I sex the snakes I hatch about three times. After they come out of the egg, after their first shed, and before I put them up for sale. So someone does not buy a mis-sexed snake off me and come back to me all pissed off.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #30
Aj_Balls
And I was referring to the pastel male Jim let me borrow a year or two ago that I picked up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!