Help needed with my Moluccan Scrub adult female who just will not eat! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #21
CombatWombat
Just read through this thread, my fiance keeps arus. They are usually trash compactors but the impacted front fang explains a lot. Good luck! Wishing you well for a full recovery.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #22
Black Adder
Thank you all for the positive support
She came out of surgery seeming just fine
Course of antibiotics and a return visit scheduled in 2 weeks time to ensure all is going well and obviously if she goes downhill or see any problem then would be sooner!
Lets hope she gets back on track after this

Old 12-17-2015, 06:53 PM   #23
Helenthereef
Great news, and good to have a solid physical cause for the problem. Hope it's all solved.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #24
JColt
I would imagine a sore mouth would definitely cause no eating. Watch out for that first feeding once she heals! Glad to see you spend money on it's health and best of luck!

Old 12-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #25
Black Adder
I think she is feeling better, she has been pretty docile and easily handled these last few weeks, last night while giving her some oral meds , she struck and drew blood...thats more like her old self....lol

Old 12-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #26
JColt
I have a boa like that. If she doesn't try and take me out I think she's sick, lol.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #27
Black Adder
Been a while since I updated but was waiting for good news to post.
Even after surgery she was still leary of trying to eat anything herself.
But today the stars aligned
She ate a small rat of her own complete volition, not even teased with it, just lay it down by her, she sniffed it and slowly ate it.
Now lets hope she continues in this vein and all of our hard work will be well worth the time and effort!

Old 04-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
Helenthereef
Great news!

Old 04-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #29
Black Adder
Things are definitely looking up!
She downed a slightly larger rat this morning with zero hesitation.
Think I am going to have to start watching my fingers with this girl as the usual "scrub" attitude will likely return with a few more meals inside her!

Old 04-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #30
AbsoluteApril
really happy to hear she's turning the corner! Good job!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!