Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 150 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #1491
SPJ
Maybe now people will see that Reptster is not worth using since David does not follow thru on ANYTHING and is basically ripping off the people who used the service.

BTW David, WHERE are my refunds for the overcharges on shipments thru Repster!

I paid Repster for 5 pounds but Fed Ex billed you for 2 pounds on several shipments!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #1492
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
Like Kevin said - Don't hold your breath but I appreciate you asking Dennis...
The Admin over at his site has also sent David a message about this too.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #1493
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Shipper 2.0

Reptster is changing our shipping vendor. This change requires reconfiguration and in some cases a rewrite of our shipping software. We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause you. We have just a few more days of testing and development remaining.

Just a few reminders. Reptster.com is a reseller of shipping services. As a reseller, we only provide an interface to the shipping provider's services. Any and all transactions, agreements, and guarantees are made between you and the shipping provider (UPS). What does that mean? Well, to put it bluntly Reptster.com is not responsible when FedEx or UPS screws up. We will work with you to resolve any problems that may arise when using the shipping services. Refunds will not be available until Reptster.com has received a refund from the shipping provider.

Credit card charges. There has been considerable confusion over credit card charges. Our credit card authorization company is Tekton Web and Tekton uses PayPal. When you use our shipping services, your bill may have one or all of these companies listed.

Please do not chargeback! Credit Card chargebacks threaten our ability to provide this service to the Reptile and Amphibian community. In all cases, the chargebacks we have received could have been avoided had the customer either called or sent us an email. In one case, a (former) customer had to lie to their credit card company in order to get the chargeback issued. If you have a question about a charge or if a mistake has resulted in a duplicate charge, please call us or email us. We have, in the past, and will continue to resolve most issues within 24 hours.
Now, what I find interesting in all of this is that this is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE of the stance Reptster took on the FedEx deal...yes, they said that you could always call FedEx to resolve issues if you wanted, but that they stood behind their service 110%, right? Why the sudden change? Why the need for Reptster to back out of their big customer service push? What happens if you DO have an issue with UPS now - does this statement from Reptster basically mean "sorry, you are screwed if you call us?"??? That's how it reads to me at least, and I doubt I am the only one...

Now, as far as the "no chargebacks" comment...why SHOULDN'T customers feel they can do a chargeback if Reptster is not fullfilling it's services? If Mr. Young had bad service, or didn't get what he felt he should have from a company, do you think he would WAIT on the company to fix things for an undetermined amount of time before taking it into his own hands? For some reason, I doubt it. But, he fully expects his customers to do so.

Personally, what I just read can be rephrased in a few simple sentences...

"Hi, we are Reptster.com, a flipper of shipping services has never had a legit complaint. People lie about how bad it is with us, it is all their fault things go bad, never ours, and we only fix things to shut people up. We don't stand behind our service, just sell you service to make ourselves money, and our guarantees mean nothing because we can change them to suit ourselves and our business whenever we please, no matter the result to our customers. We are the Dan Scolaro of the shipping world."

Was that wrong?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #1494
Dennis Hultman
Just posted on the other site from one of the above customers.
Quote:
Posted: 10 Nov 2008 15:42 Post subject: Reply with quote
I received an email this AM from David that the credit should appear in the next 72 hours.

So with any luck this has been resolved Smile

Thanks!

Hopefully, the others (including BT) are taken care of soon.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #1495
ForkedTung
Quote:
To date, David hasn't contacted them.
This doesn't suprise me in the least...Again as far as David knows my BP is still rotting away at the FedEx facility. What would've suprised me is if David acted like the businessman he pretends to be and " got going when the going got tough"...
A final note I have shipped FedEx numerous times since my initial problem and not had a single incident!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #1496
dprince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

Well, here's to hoping.........

Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #1497
SPJ
Don't hold your breath.

David does not keep his word, ignores his customers, and leaves his mods to deal with the mess he created.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 AM   #1498
btaylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

Not yet Dennis...Not even an email or phone call...Pretty typical though huh?

Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #1499
pfan151
"Please do not chargeback! Credit Card chargebacks threaten our ability to provide this service to the Reptile and Amphibian community. In all cases, the chargebacks we have received could have been avoided had the customer either called or sent us an email. In one case, a (former) customer had to lie to their credit card company in order to get the chargeback issued. If you have a question about a charge or if a mistake has resulted in a duplicate charge, please call us or email us. We have, in the past, and will continue to resolve most issues within 24 hours. "

This makes me laugh. Especially because I have called and emailed him multiple times with no response. His Mod did get back to me and has been helpful, but even he seems to have no contact with him at this point. Regardless, my dispute with my CC company was started on friday. Maybe if David actually returned calls or emails he could have avoided that.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #1500
Mooing Tricycle
Telling people not to chargebacks for what!? So he can waste more time to send back funds owed? Screw him. he should have been prepared for this in the first place. Dont take peoples money if you cant pay it back!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster