HELP! ASAP! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
crbwlk
Exclamation HELP! ASAP!

i have 6 one-month old bearded dragons. they have been very good, eating three times a day, drinking lots of water and even eating a little bit of fine chopped lettuce. a few days ago, one bit off the tail of the lizard whom i call stumpy. then yesterday, they attacked him again, he has even less of a tail! its condition seems to be getting worse, and i don't know what to do. i really want to help him. any advice??

Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Neverland Dragons
Did you separate him from the others? If not, that is the first step you should take.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
crbwlk
i dont have any spare cages, he looks like he is ready to die.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Neverland Dragons
If you are not going to separate him, it is very likely he will continue to get picked on. He needs to be separated from the others.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
crbwlk
im telling you he is dyinggggggg, im not being over dramatic here.

i think the cage issue is the least of my worries, i put a divider in now.

how can i help him fast? so he doesnt die.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
boybronco
Well that was pretty dumb to put him back in after he was attacked. It's awfully hard to give advice since you're so vague. "About to die" could mean alot of things. I guess since you gave a vague description take him to the vet? I dont really understand what you're expecting.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
droogievesch
Why do you have 6 beardies in the same cage? You are always going to run into this problem, so my advice is to separate them all as soon as you can. That obviously doesn't help the situation at hand. The beardie is really stressed right now, and make sure the divider you put in isn't see through. Just seeing the bullies can continue to stress him out. Clean his side of the cage daily and keep it simple to reduce the risk of bacterial contamination. Don't handle it often because that will also stress it out. And most importantly: Make a vet appointment for it ASAP.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Best advice...

BRING IT TO A VET. NOW.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!