The truth about Blue tegus!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #31
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiscoReptiles
I see how touchy this BOI can really be. Perhaps riverside reptiles was correct in is comments about people trolling on here.

Rick

Rick
Except for the fact that this thread isnt located in the BOI.

Things are touchy if people make false claims. or ones they cant back up, such is the nature of this site. Far too much scum has been taken down. Maybe some are just too used to the "routine" and can tell when something is fishy.

Most honest people will be able to back their claims up, providing pictures and other such things to prove their stance. We have yet to see that here.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #32
Wilomn
Rick, I am terrible with names. I thought Riverside was run by a guy name of rick.

Sorry about that.

e. m. allen, you have made claims that I would like to see proof of.

Can you prove that you have produced snow tegus?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #33
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Rick, I am terrible with names. I thought Riverside was run by a guy name of rick.

Sorry about that.

e. m. allen, you have made claims that I would like to see proof of.

Can you prove that you have produced snow tegus?
i always find it amusing when people will make a claim here, and then when the water gets too hot... run away. Go figure eh?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #34
SiscoReptiles
Wilomn,

Appology accepted.

Now, since Bobby is making the claim that there is no such thing as a snow tegu. That snows are just a light albino (which I may agree with as a matter of my opinion) isn't the burden of proof upon Bobby to prove what he is stating as fact?

I have tried to prove beyond all doubt that the snow was just a light albino, but I have been unable to prove that it is anything more than my opinion. I have heard people say this and say that.. but really.. I'd love to see the proof.

Rick

Old 10-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #35
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiscoReptiles
Wilomn,

Appology accepted.

Now, since Bobby is making the claim that there is no such thing as a snow tegu. That snows are just a light albino (which I may agree with as a matter of my opinion) isn't the burden of proof upon Bobby to prove what he is stating as fact?

I have tried to prove beyond all doubt that the snow was just a light albino, but I have been unable to prove that it is anything more than my opinion. I have heard people say this and say that.. but really.. I'd love to see the proof.

Rick
You bet, there has never been any Melanistic blue tegus at all, if so then by all means show us Rick.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 PM   #36
varnyard
http://thetegu.com/postx5203-0-0.html
Quote:
SiscoReptiles, I realize there was a fairly small group of animals originally obtained, but there is no proof or evidence that those animals were even related. This whole "albinos in blues are from sever inbreeding" is crap since albinos were produced in only a few seasons of breeding. This means that if all of the blues that Ron obtained were all directly related, that every single one carry the albino gene from the wild? If this is the case, why is the tegu market not flooded by albinos?
Quote:
SiscoReptiles, I am sure there is some inbreeding, just like there is with almost any other reptile out there.
So you agree it was a small group of animals?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:19 PM   #37
Wilomn
riverside reptiles has claimed to produce SNOW tegus.

Let's see the proof.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #38
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
riverside reptiles has claimed to produce SNOW tegus.

Let's see the proof.

There is a second picture of that same male Tegu on this guys myspace.

Myspace link - www.myspace.com/riversidereptiles

Pictures link.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=7937790
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=7937269

No female and no babies though?

Old 10-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #39
KelliH
Quote:
You have proof of a Melanistic blue tegu? You must have them to produce true Snows, there never were any, not one.
Are there any Anerythristic Blue Tegus or Axanthic Blue Tegus? Normally to make a Snow you would breed an Anery/Axanthic to an Albino, creating Double Hets, then breed the Double Hets to each other. So unless there have been Double Hets created that way, there cannot be a Snow Tegu unless there was a wild caught Snow imported from the wild (slim chance but it's possible).

Old 10-31-2007, 03:12 PM   #40
Wilomn
I'm beginning to think that ol b.m. allen there is full of crap.

He has read this thread, he has seen the questions and he has refused to provide the proof of his claim.

I smell TUNA, bigtime.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!