Giant tegu!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #41
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
Seamus eating turd monsters
I just HAD to see that by itself...

LMAO!!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #42
WebSlave
How about it is everyone just knocks off the personal sniping in this thead (as well as everywhere else on this site outside of the BOI)? I'm not interested in "he started it!" defenses for YOUR behavior and will just suspend everyone who keeps up this kind of crap. If upon your return, you pick up where you left off, then the next ban will be permanent.

Clean it up, or clear out, please.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #43
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
Well the fact of the matter is, I can call them anything I wish to, I could call them Seamus eating turd monsters if I wished to do so. That is one of the options when you are the only breeder of a type of animal. Also I think, just as Bert did in Reptiles Magazines this past year that they are from the Chaco region. They are the biggest, and best there is, no need to play your game here Seamus, I will not play feed the troll. You are not even close to being worth my time.
Putting aside any of the personal stuff then...

Bobby, you can not call them "anything you wish to" because words have established meanings.

You cannot prove or even evidence that they originated from Chaco- calling them chacoan is misrepresentation.

You have not yet proven that the offspring will reach identical sizes as the adult group and you do not know the detailed history of the adult group. Calling them "true giants" and selling it as an inheritable trait when you have not yet proven that this is the case is, again, misrepresentation.

The difference between "probably" and "is" exists for a reason. The meaning of words exists to communicate information; you have not chosen words which have little meaning, you have chocen words with a very specific meaning that you cannot (yet at least) back up. I'd have no problem whatsoever if you called them "Bobby Hills Amazo-Tegus" but I definitely DO have a problem with the animals being labeled as locale specific carriers of an inheritable trait that has not been (and in the case of the locale, cannot be) verified.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #44
varnyard
Well as had been said before, Extreme giants are the largest tegus there are, and I might add they are 110% pure awesome.

These are all yearlings, all but the last picture. That is the full grown massive monster, lol, and I don't think they will have any problem reaching the same size as the parents seeing as they are already three feet after hibernating. As seen in these pictures, they are well on the way to being the true Giants:
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #45
varnyard
A normal Argentine male to compare, he has no where near the mass:
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #46
varnyard
http://tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic....p=33972#p33972

Quote:
Neil_E_C_P: Hi. I live in Santa Cruz de la Sierra - Bolivia (South America - Between Brasil and Peru)
I recently capture alive a young Tupinambis Merinae ( B/W tegu ) in my workplace (at outskirts of my city). Sadly in my first attempt to grab "Basil" (That's his/her name) the tail snaps (Is healing well - I think).
This first week I used leather gloves to handle. Now there is no attempt to bite so I handle bare handed but still get nervous when I do so and try to escape and hide. Eats Eggs, chicken loins chipped in pieces and "Mangos" (Mangífera Domestica & Mangífera Altissima). His/her Size is about 12".
Lives ( for now ) in my room ( 4m x 4m x 2.5m ) - (19.68' x 19.68' x 8.20')
Some co-workers said I could keep a leash on him/her and set it free at the yard ( There is a Fence instead a wall at my home so he/she can escape) since is still summer here.
Takes Sun light through a window.
Here are some pics.
http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?domain=
Quote:
inetnum: 200.85.144/21
owner: Nuevatel PCS de Bolivia S.A.
ownerid: BO-NPBS-LACNIC
As seen in the pictures and map this is the true Chacoan tegu, just like the ones I now call the Extreme Giants. The last picture is one of my Chacoans AKA Extreme Giants.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #47
varnyard
The green on the map is the Chaco region, and here are more pictures of my animals showing the same creamy silver not found in the normal Argentines. So it it all shows the truth, anyone want to man up now?
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #48
Tuxus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley View Post
Oh, and as to the "giant eggs" there's a pretty simple explaination for that as well. Tegus don't practice any guarding behaviors beyond nest site selection, when a female has the energy reserves for egg production one or two things usually happens as a result; bigger eggs or more numerous eggs.
They don't practice any guarding behaviors beyond nest site selection? I'm not sure where you learned this but they sure as heck do guard their eggs, this can be confirmed by anyone whom has bred them and video exists to back it up.

Quote:
Bobby, you can not call them "anything you wish to" because words have established meanings.
Interesting theory, however lets use an example here; Ikea names products after municipalities, villages and such even though they have no relation to the product, "health food" is another area where products are named in a way which morons may find misleading. He can call them anything he wishes, nothing is in place to force him to prove said names are accurate. With that being said he's done a pretty good job of doing so.

Any form of proof is only as accurate as our current level of information and our understanding of that information. In his last post Mr. Hill has shown in pretty good detail some proof to substantiate his claims. Bobby is not the type of guy to mislead others in my experience and his animals speak for themselves, are you honestly trying to claim that these animals are Argentine black and white's? At the vary least they are a different local of the Argentine black and white's but the growth rate I have seen in Bobby's thus far make me as sure that they are a different species as I possibly can be without seeing some extensive DNA testing. I'm sure He would be all for some DNA testing if someone else was willing to pay for it. My point is, everything thus far points to Bobby being correct and as the only breeder of these animals in the USA he has more insight than we do. He has atleast provided some evidence to substantiate his claims, could you provide some to substantiate your own?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #49
varnyard
This is more pictures of this guys tegu, You can see the more pointed snout, as seen from below, just as in mine. This animal also has the bleached out wash as seen in my animals, the markings under the neck show this clearly, this is not found in normal Argentines.

The first two pictures are his, the last two pictues are mine. In both sets you can see the creamy silver, and the washing out in the pattern, as well as the pointed snout. No doubt, all of these animals are the same, 110% CHACOAN.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #50
varnyard
This is some pictures of normal Argentine about the same age, just so everyone can see the differences:
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!