Greenbottle Blues - C. cyaneopubescens - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 03-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #11
KelliH
Greenbottles are one of my favorites in my collection. A bit skittish but not too defensive at all, and the COLORS!

Here's one of mine. Oh yeah, Justyn, thanks for the 3 new slings, they're doing great!

Old 08-29-2003, 04:19 AM   #12
Intense Herpetoculture
Nothing beats a cyaneopubescens!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #13
SSSnakeMom
I WANT ONE!!!

But so far, it is lusting for one from afar that I am doing. This is just due to finances ... I can't afford the shipping costs for overnight that is about the same price as a spiderling!! If anyone knows of one who needs a home, or a way I could get one, please contact me at souldrum@pathwaynet.com and I would be SO appreciative!!!

Here's a pic of me with Blitz, my P. regalis - as you can see, she is a very nice spider!! Hope the pic comes through alright!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2003, 03:09 AM   #14
Intense Herpetoculture
Please don't handle your pokies! I have come to the conclusion that it is highly irresponsible to handle them, there is going to be problems with the legalities of Pokies if there starts to be a high occurrence of bites. The least you can not is not display photos handling these highly venomous tarantulas. I hope you understand and do not take this to harshly, but as it stands the invert hobby has very little restricitions of what you can and cannot keep, lets try to have it stay that way!

Old 11-17-2003, 08:45 AM   #15
John Apple
Hey Now

I gotta agree here
Pokies and pterinochilus and some asain species have medically significant venom. H. maculatta does also.
these species have been shown to cause some fever and some pretty heavy local effects

Old 11-17-2003, 09:18 AM   #16
SSSnakeMom
Understand your points ...

Justyn and John ... there are a lot of people out there who would assume that because they see a photo of me and Blitz, that they could go out, get a pokie or a Togo, and juggle them. It is unfortunate that there are those idiots out there ... but I cannot and will not accept responsibility for their actions, merely because I have a careful - read CAREFUL - and very knowledgable relationship with my spiders. No matter what, there will be people who shouldn't have these animals.

I got onto this forum to enjoy talking with others who enjoy their animals. I am not an idiot, and I am not irresponsible with my animals. I don't feel I should be judged as such simply because I can carefully handle my animals when needed. I have handled them since they were tiny, for the sole purpose of being able to when cage-cleaning time comes around, and in case they are in danger. They are all calm and NOT agressive. Should they show agressive behavior, I am not so stupid as to approach them then!! Bu they never have, so far.

Please don't treat me like an irresponsible idiot. I am niether.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:01 PM   #17
John Apple
Arrow

Whhoooaaa there Kathy
Nobody is calling you an irresponcible idiot , what I was doing was expressing my concerns. If you took that to be an attack then so be it , twas not my intention.
I have been raising these guys for as long as I can remember15 years or so and have handled hundreds of tarantulas, been bit by alleged 'tame' or 'calm' species. Yes even a tarantula raised from a spiderling such as you say can and still will bite, I have seen pokies bite or aggress without raising the front legs or even sway the body somewhat or even pyramid the legs and body.
just be careful thats all
I definately wasn't making you out to be an idiot as you say.
I guess I can look at it like this, "I" would not hold one of these pokies as I would not hold a 'tame' rattler. these are creatures of instinct so even a level of predictability can be un-predictable
take care

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!