Watch Out For Spiders In Your Crickets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #1
Rebel Dragons
Gee thanks

Now that I will never sit on my couch again.......... I guess I will start sleeping in the bathtub. After I bug bomb the bathroom of course.

I have a nice little dance I do too when I run into a web. A nice mix between an epileptic fit and a seizure. It's even worse if I catch a glance of what was in the web as the web wraps it's death grip around me.

To tell you the truth the last time I had a spider physically on me I was on the phone jumped up out of the chair and burst into tears and started having a panic attack. I AM THAT AFRAID OF THEM. My roommate thought I was just told someone close to me had just died died. I still have to deal with him telling that story to friends and it was years ago......... Now that I am scared to sit on my furniture again.

Mike

( Off to wal-mart to buy bug bombs just to make sure the house is cleared. )

Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Omg

Ok....... I made bee line to the couch and pulled it away from the wall to check if it was safe to sit on and Greg was right. I have been sitting a foot from death the whole time. It made a death trap under the window ledge.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Traci1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryLilDevils
I have been sitting a foot from death the whole time. It made a death trap under the window ledge.
ugh...horrid little thing isn't it!!

Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
SSReptiles
ACK! if I saw that many spiders in there, I would have bug bombed the whole room. I don't care if there are crickets there or not, I can't stand spiders! Even those bugs that have a million legs!

Thats good your getting your money back. I have done business with apple herps, and they have been very kind to me. I haven't bought any live things from them, but since I read there are spiders in there box, nevermind.....:: shutters ::

Old 04-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Wilomn
You know what's REALLY cool? Reaching into the cricket box to grab a handful to feed some hungry lizard and THEN having a spider run up your arm. It's amazing how different a spider's legs feel in comparison to a crickets.

Did you know that the average person eats 7 spiders a year while sleeping? Just last week I felt something multilegged crawling on my shoulder, in my sleep mind you, did the squish and toss, verifying it's spider heritage by the lack of hard squishable body parts, and THEN pondered where it's friends were and what THEY were doing at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Lovely little arachnid assasins.

Old 04-28-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
Wes your killin me man.

7 spiders in MY mouth?????? I have never hated a day off work until today. Not only am I now scared to sit on my furniture. I won't be able to sleep at night anymore either....... Please oh please Wes keep sharing these wonderful facts..... Lol

I'm ready for anything you throw at me!!!!

Old 04-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #7
Jim O
I have to chuckle at this thread just a bit. While I admit to not enjoying the sensation of walking into a spider web (in the woods, in my garage, or anywhere for that matter) let us not forget that spiders do EAT some more noxious pests so they have a purpose. That isn't to say that I want to wake up with a brown recluse on my face, but most of the time if you leave them alone you won't get bitten by one. Why I chuckle is this is a site of herp-o-philes. Ask most "civilians" and they fear spiders much less than herps, especially snakes. They figure they can get a spider with a shoe but might need a shovel for a snake.

Having said that, someone that I know who lives in Texas where the brown recluse and other seriously venomous spiders are fairly common uses a novel approach. He caught several locally common house geckos and set up a breeding colony. When he had raised up enough of them (about 60) he let them loose in his house. They never see spiders in the house anymore though occasionally see a gecko dart across the bathroom wall when they turn on a light at night.

Now if you do get bitten by a brown recluse or a spider of similar type of venom, get medical attention immediately!! Here's why (borrowed from another site):

Brown Recluse Spider, Loxosceles reclusa

day 3

day 4

day 5

day 6

day 9

day 10

Old 04-28-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
SSReptiles
very interesting... wait till I show you pictures of the orb weivers we have at our farm. BIG ol' spiders with a pattern of a yellow lightning bult on it's back. I saw about fifty of those last year, and as soon as the weather gets warmer, I should ask a friend of mine to take pictures...I will NOT go near those things...

Old 04-28-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
SSReptiles
OH MY GOD! I never saw that thread above....now I'm afraid to touch my mouse once I saw that picture....ACK!!! :: shuffles across her desk and looks around to see any spiders ::

Old 04-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #10
WebSlave
Thought you arachnophobes would appreciate this photo I have over in the photo gallery:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!