For Sale Yellow rat snake - NW Ohio - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
poomwah
Yellow rat snake - NW Ohio

I purchased a yellow rat snake from Sunshine Serpents. Everybody seems to rave about them.
The snake appears healthy, but it looks nothing like the pictures we received, and the snake is VERY small for its age.
I'm told it was hatched in august or september of 2012. I'm also told its female.
I've enclosed pictures that accurately show her color.
Again, for her age, she is VERY small
19.3 inches and 29 grams.
She is alert, active, and inquisitive. She is a bit nervous and will strike if you are not patient with her. She is "readable" however.
She refused food twice. The third attempt was with a scented pinkie and she went right after it.

She is available for local pickup ONLY. I will not put her through the stress of being shipped again, especially this soon and as cold as the weather has been getting.
I have hand and finger issues that make it too difficult, and potentially unsafe for me to work with a snake this small. I CAN handle her, but not comfortably or safely. By the time she's big enough for me to handle confidently and safely, she will have spent entirely too much time unhandled. She deserves better than that.
I realize that yellow rats are not very popular and that an undersized snake is going to have less resale value, I purchased her for 65, will sell her for 45.
West Unity, OH 43570

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!