Bad Guy Do NOT do sell to Shane Risely!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
xenesthis13
Andy, I respectfully disagree. I've heard that "justification" before. It doesn't pass the smell test. HERE, anybody can launch a smear attack and they burden is never put much on the accuser, and to answer your question directly, somebody is taking pot shots at you...are you just going to do nothing?

I see that Shane was able to post his smear on the top of the classified section. It's up for two days to the smearing to do it's evil work. It should have been taken down immediately because it's a BOI post, not a classified. Instead, it's left up two days and counting. I post mine like Shane, and ironically, mine is taken down and Shane's is left up....Hmmmm...what's that fairness about?

Also, Shane is plain wrong and my docs proof it, but his crap will remain up no matter how wrong he is. That is the problem. Other sites don't allow that crap and keep their sites clean from garbage postings and negative threads meant for "entertainment" purposes to draw traffic. Oldest trick in the book as the news media uses it all the time. Post some drama and negativity and watch the crowd come.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #12
xenesthis13
what has been allowed

Robert,

I see your point, but see my reply a min. ago. Look what has been allowed and look what was taken down. Not fair in anyway! This is a drive-by shoot out and is is allowed all the time.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
Robert,

I see your point, but see my reply a min. ago. Look what has been allowed and look what was taken down. Not fair in anyway! This is a drive-by shoot out and is is allowed all the time.
I realize when situations arise like this, emotions start to run and often times blur what is really happening. So, let me explain a little about the fairness since I was involved with part of it.

A different moderator is working with Shane on his post. Behind the scenes he received an infraction for posting in the wrong area. He was given some time to move it to the BOI. Independent of that situation, I saw your post in the classifieds but also saw the duplicate in the BOI. I deleted your duplicate post (without an infraction) and left this one up. Had you not posted in the BOI, you would have been given the same infraction and grace period. No one is playing favorites, or against you. Two different moderators working on two different scenarios, nothing more.

Don't take it personal, it's not.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #14
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
I see that Shane was able to post his smear on the top of the classified section. It's up for two days to the smearing to do it's evil work. It should have been taken down immediately because it's a BOI post, not a classified. Instead, it's left up two days and counting. I post mine like Shane, and ironically, mine is taken down and Shane's is left up....Hmmmm...what's that fairness about?
I'm sure you fully read Shane's post in the classifieds and saw my response locking the thread and advising him it was posted in the wrong area. I clearly stated I was leaving it up for a short while so he could copy/paste to the correct area. I generally give people 24-72 hours to do so before I remove the thread.

A different mod had removed your classified thread. They were most likely waiting for me to remove the other since I had already addressed it.

In other words - calm down.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #15
xenesthis13
leaving up a smear post

April,

I respectfully disagree with that action as leaving it up for two days at the top of the classified section is allowing his dirty work to get done. His mission was accomplished. In my opinion, that should have been immediately deleted and the complete 100% burden be put on him to prove his crap on the BOI.

I have been proactive and uploaded 3 docs showing he is wrong in every way. I implore moderators to not allow these drive-by shootings to occur and come down hard on the false accusers. In my opinion, allowing their crap and allowing false accusations to remain up is allowing them to achieve their intended mission. It doesn't matter that you prove them wrong. It's a PR drive-by shooting and everybody knows that. Since people have nothing more to do, they flock to the BOI to read drama. It doesn't matter what's true or not. It doesn't matter what you prove. Once it's put up, that is all that people remember. The title of a thread does the damage all by itself. Few are going to read pages into a thread to care about if an accuser was proven wrong - and that is the big problem of the BOI.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
Andy_G
Quote:
Andy, I respectfully disagree. I've heard that "justification" before. It doesn't pass the smell test. HERE, anybody can launch a smear attack and they burden is never put much on the accuser, and to answer your question directly, somebody is taking pot shots at you...are you just going to do nothing?

Also, Shane is plain wrong and my docs proof it, but his crap will remain up no matter how wrong he is. That is the problem. Other sites don't allow that crap and keep their sites clean from garbage postings and negative threads meant for "entertainment" purposes to draw traffic. Oldest trick in the book as the news media uses it all the time. Post some drama and negativity and watch the crowd come.
...Did you report it? As far as taking pot shots at someone...if it has no merit then should you really worry? If you handled the situation in an ethical and business like manner, what's there to worry about and why would somebody care about someone trying to sling mud at them? I'm sure you'll disagree with this but sometimes it's just better to not even acknowledge nonsense instead of giving into it and acting defensive about it because it'll just legitimize it. No disrespect intended, but clearly we don't see eye to eye here and that's fine, but maybe don't condemn a site that you're starting a thread on so you don't look like a crazy person...

Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #17
Fangthane
Quote:
It doesn't matter that you prove them wrong. It's a PR drive-by shooting and everybody knows that. Since people have nothing more to do, they flock to the BOI to read drama. It doesn't matter what's true or not. It doesn't matter what you prove. Once it's put up, that is all that people remember. The title of a thread does the damage all by itself. Few are going to read pages into a thread to care about if an accuser was proven wrong - and that is the big problem of the BOI.
I think that chip on your shoulder has gotten massive enough to completely block any view of reality from getting through. People flock to the BOI because they want to know the truth. What can be objectively proven true is basically all that really does matter on this forum. No one worth a damn will formulate their opinion based purely on a thread's title line. I think you may be projecting some of your own character flaws onto a website's entire membership. I don't think knee-jerk reactions are nearly as common on here as you'd like to have people believe.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #18
xenesthis13
facts

The last two post were uncalled for.

Fact 1: Shane posted his crap on an incorrect forum.
Fact 2: It was "allowed" to stay up for two days to do his intended damage.
Fact 3: Knowing how the BOI works, I proactively stated my opinion and then backed it with three docs. Of course, knowing how the Jerry Springer show works on the BOI, nobody care about that.
Fact 4: I haven't said a disrespectful thing about a moderator nor attacked the character of any moderator. I've been careful to say I respectfully disagree and stated my opinion about how things "occur" on the BOI.
Fact 5: It is common knowledge in the hobby that false info is put up and allowed to stay up on the BOI, and one can go look up HUGE BOI threads with stupid drama of all kinds of false info.

If fact 1 and 2 wasn't allowed, I would not have posted a thing here and we would all be doing other things today.

Again, again, and again, why doesn't Fauna come down on the false accusers??? Why is that garbage allowed? Nobody is going to read 50 pages into BOI thread and care about what's proven, true or not. The title page does its damage and the crowd flocks to the drama like a moth flies to the flame. My customers know this very common problem of the BOI. For years, people in the hobby know that huge problem of the BOI and understand there is so much garage in the BOI because it is allowed.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
...Did you report it?
To answer this question - No, the post was not reported using our 'report post' function by any party. I found the BOI-related post in the classified section during my usual review of the forums 4/12 at 9:56am PST and addressed it as I felt necessary in accordance with the rules and guidelines.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #20
Fangthane
Quote:
If fact 1 and 2 wasn't allowed, I would not have posted a thing here and we would all be doing other things today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13
Fact 1: Shane posted his crap on an incorrect forum.
Fact 2: It was "allowed" to stay up for two days to do his intended damage.
Your choice to focus on exactly where his thread was posted is entirely nonsensical. Had he posted it on the BOI, it would be there permanently. I think it's hilariously disingenuous to imply that you wouldn't still be whining about his post existing at all if it just happened to be posted in the proper forum. You're throwing a fit about a thread that'll be deleted shortly; but want us to believe you'd have been fine with one that was properly placed, that would be here forever? Riiiiggghhht. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.
Quote:
Again, again, and again, why doesn't Fauna come down on the false accusers??? Why is that garbage allowed? Nobody is going to read 50 pages into BOI thread and care about what's proven, true or not. The title page does its damage and the crowd flocks to the drama like a moth flies to the flame. My customers know this very common problem of the BOI. For years, people in the hobby know that huge problem of the BOI and understand there is so much garage in the BOI because it is allowed.
Again, again, again - you're simply wrong. I suspect a great many of us have some degree of unspoken pride in the fact that we make it a point to read everything available before deciding where we stand. YOU are the source of the drama. Had you simply put on your big-boy pants and posted your evidence, without throwing in your tired old whine, you'd have come out smelling like a rose. As is often the case with you, you're your own worst enemy.

You're definitely contributing to whatever "garbage" may be on this forum. If you actually care about limiting the refuse, maybe you should take your song and dance to the Discussion Forum, where site-related topics belong: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=44

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!