People who steal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
skirtinthedirt
People who steal

So today we are closing on our first home purchase. It should be an awesome day, and it is, except for this morning when I started my car and left it in our "secure" parking lot of our "secure" apartment complex for less than 10 minutes while it warmed up. Did I relock the driver's side door? No, because I wouldn't have been able to get back in the car without the spare key and because our apartment is all packed up I'm not sure where it is.

In the span of 10 minutes, someone, who must have been either watching my boyfriend and I bringing stuff out to our cars all morning or just happened by and noticed my car was unattended (unlikely considering how deep into this complex we live), or one of my "neighbors" got into my car, rifled through everything, made a huge mess of the front, and stole my bottom of the line, 2-year-old GPS. Awesome. Also awesome is that I decided not to let it get me down and go to the gym anyway, and halfway there realized that if someone WAS watching us load up the cars this morning then they know which apartment is ours and that all of our stuff is packed up and probably easy picking. So I abandon my plans to run all the anger out and come back home, which appears to be in order, thank God.

I really hope the 50 bucks or whatever you can get for it is going to feed your kids or something, whoever you are. I guess all I can do is take solace in the fact that I'm at a place in my life where I have no need or desire to steal from others, and that I can easily replace a GPS.

Of all the times to steal my navigation system, right before we have to move is a bad one : (

Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Metachrosis
Common Sense will be the downfall of mankind . . . . . .
All Thieves are opportunist

Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Lucille
Emily, I'm sorry about your GPS. I'm amazed that you still have your car.
btw Good luck in the move, I moved last year and it is very stressful.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
skirtinthedirt
Thanks Lucille, we certainly are stressed! We just purchased our first home. Closing is tomorrow. I have so much to be thankful for the GPS really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But honestly, it's not what I need right now.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
cajunreptiles
back in 2010 i moved into some apt that were not in the best area but theres not many around here that are. Both my wife and i had just returned from Iraq and had TONS of money and wanted to treat ourselves. So i went and bought a truck fully loaded decked out. and my wife went and bought a crossover. she then wanted to put a new system in her car. that was fine so we went to look at found one she wanted for 1700+install. it did navi,net,bluetooth, iopd hookups, dvd everything you need. So after awhile of living where we were we noticed these kids walking around and looking very hard at everyones house and cars. well we were right something wasnt right a few days went by and i got up for work and walk outside and all my doors are open im like WTF . i get inside and sure enough the radio was just ripped out. so i called the cops they came and said well theres nothing we can do we just dont have the technology to do anything refering to the finger prints all over the car inside and out. they also stole a carton of cigs out of my truck and the people next to us got their patio furniture stolen. And insureance wouldnt cover it due to the face plate couldnt be removed and it was not covered. solved this by moving to a place thats double in rent and with guards that are on 24hr watch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!