FRUSTRATED - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Durante
FRUSTRATED

I usually takes a whole lot to get under my skin because I'm pretty easy going but lately I feel like I want to destroy any thing around me & it doesn't seem to be getting better. Besides the usual like being sick during my whole holiday vacation from a job I been at for over 10 years, the last 5 without a single raise or getting taken advantage of by folks I care about I just get more bad news.

This morning I got a call from my realtor who is only still my realtor because I'm under contract & don’t want to deal with my wife crying I fired a family friend. It looks like the house I just went to see yesterday is now pending sale so I cant even place a bid today. Why would someone even allow me to look at the house if it was basically sold & why not wait until I even give an offer before accepting one. Either way it looks like I'm stuck in this apartment longer with a landlord who doesn't care. It takes 3 weeks to fix a shower that leaks downstairs, it's not like I can even fully stand up in it anyway.

The next call I got this morning was from the Montgomery County Correctional Facility where my father has been for almost 6 months now without even a court date to be charged with a parole violation. It looks like on top of taking care of his dogs that are 30 minutes away I'm going to have to clear out a garage full of his work equipment & store it at my house somewhere until he gets out.

The part I think that really gets my blood boiling is I really try to be a decent guy to everyone & lately my patience is running so much thinner then it used to but I question if its my faults. I already been told to up my meds from the wife because I’m stressing myself out I honestly feel it’s like the people around me are just getting more selfish & rude. I hope it’s just because everyone was under pressure from the holidays it gets better. Anyway hopefully writing it down cools me off a bit.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Shadera
I'm horrible at giving advice, so will a hug do?

*hugs*

I can't relate to the rest, but I'm convinced buying real estate is the biggest mental challenge a human being can face. We went through hell getting into this place. Looked at it, and made an offer of full asking price just to negate the bickering back and forth and just close the deal already. Two days later and we've got no response so we start to get nervous. Finally get word from their realtor. They want to accept your offer, but oops forgot to mention they haven't made a mortgage payment in 10 months and it's in foreclosure. So we say okay, we'll wait it out and surely the bank will take our offer.

Two weeks into the agony that is short-sale, we get word there's another offer on the house. We call our realtor. Tell her to get hold of the folks that own the place and come up with another number that will get the bank, and the merry go round BS, out of the picture. We ended up offering twelve grand OVER asking price, just to be done with the hassle. Still took more than 30 days to close and the sellers gave us nothing but grief every step of the way. We bailed them out of a foreclosure and a bankruptcy plus put a few hundred $$ in their pocket, and they couldn't even be bothered to come back to get the last of their junk they left, nor have cleaned out the disgusting freezer we asked them to leave and purchased from them. Did I mention this guy's a pastor? Came here the morning of the closing to find the auction notice tacked to the front door. More pain on our parts gathering proof we needed and contacting every person in the county it felt like.

The previous home we'd looked at we made an full price offer on, but the seller had decided before we even went to see it that he was going to up his price by fifty grand and blew us off when we made the offer. Last I heard, our realtor is still after him for the commission he owes her for bringing him a buyer he took it upon himself to breach the contract they had by blowing us off.

I hope to never be put through that again. It's enough to break a person's sanity. I can't imagine dealing with other crap on top of it.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Durante
I would never turn down a hug, especially from you Shadera! Thanks it does help. Yes, the real estate game is enough to make anyone go mad. My realtor isn't much help either. She basically just unlocks the door & says this is a kitchen, this is a basement, this is a bed room, etc. All things I'm pretty sure my 5 year old could figure out on his own. I brought an electrician who is also a second realtor with me once to check the fuse box & wiring at home & he was amazing. He pretty gave more valuable info on the house then she did on everything she showed us total. So far she has shown us a house already under contract. Told me it probably wouldn't be worth bidding on a house with such a low offer & then it sold for 20,000 less then what I would of offered. Had me in a bidding war where the house was taken off the market after 3 months fighting (not fully her fault but she played a big part). She even put a in an offer for a house with a loan the home wasn't eligible for. The list goes on & on. I'm just tired of always being there for everyone but not getting any support even when I pay for it.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
I'm just tired of always being there for everyone but not getting any support even when I pay for it.
You're not alone in feeling that way at all.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Fangthane
I'm not a big fan of hugging, so you'll have to settle for a bro fist. I can relate to the extreme frustration. Even on my better days, I'm generally no more than a few baby steps away from psychotic rage. Before I completely let myself go, I used to strap on some gloves and take my aggression out on a punching bag, except for the occasions when someone would step in and spar with me. Nowadays I just repress my anger. I'm thinking that my old way was better. Violence can solve some things. It just requires a bit of prudent projection. Grab a sledgehammer and break the out of some big inanimate object that you no longer need. May be able to kill two birds with one stone. There might be some useless junk in your dad's garage that you could therapeutically pulverize so you won't have to find a place to store it.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
I'm not a big fan of hugging, so you'll have to settle for a bro fist. I can relate to the extreme frustration. Even on my better days, I'm generally no more than a few baby steps away from psychotic rage. Before I completely let myself go, I used to strap on some gloves and take my aggression out on a punching bag, except for the occasions when someone would step in and spar with me. Nowadays I just repress my anger. I'm thinking that my old way was better. Violence can solve some things. It just requires a bit of prudent projection. Grab a sledgehammer and break the out of some big inanimate object that you no longer need. May be able to kill two birds with one stone. There might be some useless junk in your dad's garage that you could therapeutically pulverize so you won't have to find a place to store it.
I think that might be some advise I should definitely take. I used to play play football & did some boxing when I was younger & honestly think that must have helped. Maybe if a pick up a few hobbies I enjoy it will relax me a bit, its just gonna be hard to find the time.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Lucille
You get a big fluffy hug from me

Were it me: I'd get another realtor. It wouldn't matter who cried. It isn't like using another realtor is adultery.
Adopt out the dogs to a loving home. Not worry about storing the equipment. After all, violating parole is not like catching a cold, one has some choice in the matter.

I'm not saying you can't help other people. I AM saying that when it starts wearing your sanity down, you should not feel as it you have to be responsible for everything that goes on around you.

You need some 'you' time. Get some buddies together and spend an afternoon fishing or other stuff you enjoy.
Make a New Year's resolution that you will be kind and helpful but not a rug to get stepped on. You don't (IMHO) need more meds, you need less stress and BS.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Durante
I wasn't thinking clearly & used profanity in my initial post even though I know better. I changed the words to but just wanted to apologize to anyone who may have read it prior & was offended.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
~Just Curious~
Sounds like life's throwing everything it's got at you and I truly am very sorry to hear that. I have my fingers crossed that things turn around for you and on top of those, I especially hope that you're able to find the time for yourself to do something therapeutic. Whatever you like, whatever relaxes you and makes you smile. I know it's much easier said than done, but I hope you know that you deserve it. Even without all those hardships, nobody can be expected to keep going if they're doing everything for others only. You need support too and it's a darn shame that some people in your life aren't seeing that.

*Big Hug* I'm wishing you the best Chris~

Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
rcarichter
Hugs from me, Chris. Sometimes life can really pour on you. I'm with Lucille. Adopt out the dogs, and NEVER do business with friends or family.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!