Australia Says NO! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #41
WebSlave
Warning: This is a test: What is the TOPIC of this thread?

Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #42
ShadowAceD
The topic is "Misinformation Without Fact Checking"?

Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #43
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
The topic is "Misinformation Without Fact Checking"?
Grade = "C".

But notice that there is NOTHING at all about fish or fishing in that topic line.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #44
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Grade = "C".

But notice that there is NOTHING at all about fish or fishing in that topic line.
LOL, Defiantly went off topic there.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #45
Focal
My bad. This should be right on topic.

http://youtu.be/07iH64AxzpM

Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #46
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
So if an American moves to China, do you really think that most Americans would strip themselves of their cultural heritage and be like, crap, I'm in China, I should put on a Chinese mask and walk around so I don't offend anybody? Heck no, most Americans would be like, "OMGWTF I'M AMURICAN I DUN CHANGE FOR NOBODIES!"

Doesn't this forced conformity just smack of becoming just another sheeple, Metachrosis?

Again, the hypocrisy is sickening.
But if an American moves to China I would hope to heck he wouldn't expect everyone to start speaking English, and worshiping his God and allowing him to continue to live by American laws. I think immigrants can reasonably be expected to follow some degree of conformity. No, they do not have to give up their cultural heritage but the natives of the country he moved to shouldn't have to give up theirs just to make him happy either.

I can't imagine any sane leader of a country making this speech unless they were some sort of dictator. Yeah, it would get a lot of support from a lot of people but the fallout from the rest of the world would be unimaginable.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #47
Metachrosis
^^ The US is some how different ^^? oh do tell. . . . . ??

Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #48
JColt
I think most immigrants try and learn language and customs here. My wife who is fairly fluent in French told me that if she called a French speaking company she would be hoping they had an English line because French is not her native language.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!