Inquiry Anybody have any info on Curbside2go? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
JasonG
Anybody have any info on Curbside2go?

I am working out a trade with them and was curious if anyone had delt with this company before?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
ForkedTung
Uhmm... I don't think I would buy from a company calling itself a name that roughly translates to "road trash to go" what were they thinking?

Old 09-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
JasonG
Well that wasnt very helpful...

Old 09-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
Well that wasnt very helpful...
It might be if that's what they're selling?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Mike Schultz
Applebees Curbside2Go has never left me disappointed. Great service in my opinion- hot, steamy food brought straight to my car so that I could enjoy it in the comfortable atmosphere of my own home.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
hhmoore
That's enough of the smartass remarks....This IS the BOI, please keep this thread on track.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
snakewrangler
I have done business with this company. It is a one-man operation run by a guy named Robert Johnson. He was advertising feeder rodents on KS in the Northern Virginia area. I placed an order and drove down to pick it up a couple of weeks later. He was a nice enough guy, but I would not do business with him again based on the fact that:

1. He listed "Northern VA" on his ad but he was about 90 miles south of DC.

2. His rodents are one size smaller than what is commercially available, i.e., his medium rats are the same size as the commercially available smalls.

I didn't buy any animals off this guy. He had a building full of ball pythons though, and said he bought them after liquidating his entire collection of chondros.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
curbside2go
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewrangler View Post
1. He listed "Northern VA" on his ad but he was about 90 miles south of DC.

2. His rodents are one size smaller than what is commercially available, i.e., his medium rats are the same size as the commercially available smalls.
Seth,

This is the first I am hearing of a problem you had with the purchase of rodents, which took place in April of 2008. A phone call or email would have surely helped to resolve whatever issues you had.

It appears that with time the distance has increased.

http://www.thereptilefile.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1597

Robert Johnson (aka Curbside2Go) recently posted ads on Kingsnake and Fauna advertising feeder rodents. I had noticed his ads before since they all listed his location as 'Northern Virginia,' but until recently, he sold only Flexwatt and heating supplies.

I contacted him via KS and ordered 135 rodents for pickup. I am reporting on both the positives and negatives of dealing with this seller.

Positive:

Clean facility, healthy rodents, fair prices, super nice guy to deal with.

Negative:

Rodents were undersized or not sized properly. Some of the rodents tagged as medium were clearly smalls, and two of them weighed in at a whopping 190 grams.

Also, the ad I responded to (and his current ads) list his location as 'Northern Virginia.' I live in Northern Virginia, and I had to drive 77 miles to get there.

Also, I am not aware of a single time I've sold rodents, flexwatt, GTPs, or Ball Pythons over the last 6 years without giving the person coming to my place of buisness an address. If the drive was too much you could have opted not to make it.

As for the size of the rodents. The two mediums you reference in a post on another site are within the size requirements for medium rats according to commerical breeder Rodent Pro.

http://www.rodentpro.com/popup_size....85.00 - 174.00

Sincerely,

Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
Cp3_Pythons
Curbside2go

I've been doing business with Mr. Robert Johnson (curbside2go) for about 2 months now. The service is outstanding He actually try's to rember customers by first name. Extremely clean facilities ( I was really impressed on how clean he kept the facility. And the rats my Balls & Burms put on hefty weight after eating the rats from Curbside2go. My experiance with Mr. Johnson has always been pleasent and I will be a repeat buyers as long as he is in busness I'm just patiently waiting to see what Balls he comes out with year.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
ddodge
I've only had one transaction with them, but it was good. I bought some flexwatt. The price was the lowest I could find and shipping was fast. I'll buy from them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!