Burms or Retics??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
mmdragons
Burms or Retics???

Hey people,
I wanted to find out if you had to choose between Retics or Burms which would you choose and why? I am a dragon guy, but I have always loved big snakes like these. So I thought I 'd ask what you like.
Max S.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
evilcowboy420
If I could pick I would say burm simply because I find the pattern more appealing than a retic.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
hhmoore
I would choose a retic, because I find the pattern more appealing than a burm's.

Actually, I've kept both, and liked both....but if I were to have one again, it would definitely be a retic. Then again, if we open up the options just a bit; and narrow them a little, too (to even the playing field by excluding morphs) - I would choose an Afrock over a burm or retic. Every time. No hesitation. It's not that they have outstanding coloration or wild patterns, but they are just such great snakes.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
mmdragons
I too like the retic's pattern better, but nothing to me beats the Green burm. I love the spots and background pattern

I didn't know Afrock's were "such a great snake" I always veiwed them as aggresive and un easy to keep. Thanks for the perspective guys
Max S.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
I didn't know Afrock's were "such a great snake" I always veiwed them as aggresive and un easy to keep.
Most people that have that viewpoint have never taken the time to get to know an afrock . Or, maybe it's just that I could relate to them....who knows. I've had a bunch pass through my care, and most were quite tractible when they moved on to their new homes (I fostered quite a few for the herp society's adoption program). My own rocks - well, I trusted them as much as any burm I ever kept, and was quite comfortable handling them...but nobody else could get near them. I think that's part of why I like them so much, lol.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
mmdragons
Oh so you like their "dog like quality" of loving you but hating others ok I can understand that. So their arn't any color variations? That's a new one. It seems like everything has at least one.
Max S.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
pythonjim
RETICS ALL THE WAY! I own both and love burms but the retic seems to be alot more active and aware. Have you ever seen a retic yawn? those teeth are frickn huge!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
mmdragons
I didn't know snakes yawn. Thats would be crazy to see huge teeth in a huge snake hahaha
Thanks for the input
Max S.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
pythonjim
If you are serious about getting a retic, then you should see what the guys at NERD have to offer. Good luck

Old 01-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
mmdragons
I have seen nerd and they have some sweet stuff like the box of retics hahah, but yeah thanks,
how often do you feed a Retic and what?
Max S.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!