I think I want a BIG snake... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #11
RoadHouse of Retics
Also I wanted to add...if you buy a cage with a center divider then you wouldnt need someone there everytime you clean. Just slide the divider in and your on one side and the snake is on the other.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
RobNJ
Thanks for the info James!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #13
RoadHouse of Retics
Just curious, which one or ones do you like better? Or are you just browsing to see what catches your eyes more. Good luck with whichever you decide to get.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
RobNJ
I'm just browsing for now and doing my research...I'm not in a big rush to do this. I'm not too familiar with all the names of morphs, but some retics are gorgeous, others I'm not too crazy about. I like normal and albino burms a lot. Anacondas are a big no-no in Jersey, so that settles that. And I really do love the look of amethystines.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:23 AM   #15
Skanakis
Tigers and supertigers man.....beautiful retics. I had a bad experience with a big snake once man...scarred me for life i think. African rock python....this brotha was HUGE...im gonna say 10-12 ft. Body like a muscle on steroids. My boy wanted to play a BAD BAD trick on me. He was in an enclosure...and handled him with these hooks. Put him on the floor this thing snapped at me.....thats fine but this thing came at me again...flinging himself at me....again and again man...i screamed like a little girl and RAN. Finally as we got him under control that peice of.......BLEW his bowels all over me. I know african rocks are nasty ill tempered but...big snake like that get a hold of me? wooooow. I believe thats when my dislike of big snakes settled in. He finally turned the snake in to some wildlife cop from upstate ny.....

Old 01-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #16
RoadHouse of Retics
Well your friends an idiot for playing any kind of trick with any reptile. The rock became defensive when he was put on the floor. That could have ended very bad... I'm glad he turned it in because obviously he's not a responsible keeper.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #17
Skanakis
Twisted sense of humor....Very twisted sense of humor. So lets talk about them tigers and SUPER tigers. Those are PRIME retics man IMO. And even the one on your Profile pic. Beautiful animal. Again...i would love to get into retics but...I enjoy the size of a carpet or IJ. I feel comfortable with them. The newest one i got now im getting more used it. Love the power he got on him. Curious fellow though. He dont like just chillin wrapped around me like the female. The female first does some squirming but she relaxes over my shoulders and watches TV with me.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #18
RoadHouse of Retics
Sorry I just don't see the humor in that. A plain ole' original tiger will always be one of my favorite retics.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #19
bigtiger
Big snakes are cool but the novelty wears off quick.I have a 20ft tiger that is a joy to work with but a chore with cage cleaning just because of the size.I have a 14ft rock that I take out with my stepson.She is not mean,just big.She will get aggressive outside in the yard.My solution...I don't take her outside.All snakes require attention but BIG ones require more.(and food...big rabbit in...big pooh out)2 people is always the rule(if not more)If it tickles your fancy,I say go for it.Just take precautions and have a mind set for the long haul.As in "Will I be able to keep a snake that is gonna get huge?"It's not as easy as it sounds.
Not trying to discourage you,but it is a commitment.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #20
bigtiger
Would like to add one more thing.....BIG snakes are like a marriage......easy to get into...hard to get out of.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!