info on pristine pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
jeff mcclure
info on pristine pythons

Anyone ever dealt with these guys before, any feedback would be appreciated. jeff mcclure

Old 10-31-2004, 10:55 PM   #2
Ron Billingsley
just thoughts..

I've not purchased anything from this outfit. But only made a few observations.
Seems he buys balls from this site, waits a day or two, and then re-lists them here and on KS.
Not saying anything is wrong with that. This is America, and with free enterprise and such, it's legal.
I just find it kind of funny, that he buys and sells on the same site, selling the same animals he just purchased.

More power to him.

I am just wondering who his customers are? Don't they see the same animals listed for sale like he does?
America, you got to love it.
Go Vote Tuesday!!!

Old 10-31-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
NEWReptiles
1. Mr. Light posts ads looking for het albino balls, then the very same day posts other ads that say hes selling his "last" hets.

2. Mr. Trunk shipped to me on or about 10/12/02 2 adult female P. Regius. These animals were stated to be CBB healthy adult females.
These animals were piad for nearly 4 weeks prior to shipping even though I NEXT DAY AIRED THE M.O. to him on or about 9/19/02.
The animals arrived here in WI where the temps were 35-50 degrees with NO HEAT PACKS in a box that was barely large enough for the 2 animals. The box was so small, if either animal was slightly larger, they would not have fit. There was also no padding or insulation. Both animals seemed to warm up well which surprised the hell out of me.
About 11 days later while I was hunting 300 miles from my home, I recieved a phonecall from my girlfriend and she stated that "one of the big girls in quarintine is thrashing about and cannot right herself". I immediatly drove home to see what was the matter. Upon arrival, I witnessed an animal with severe problems. Well after a half hour of trying to decide what was wrong, I headed to a 24 hr emergancy Vet in Milwaukee WI (almost 2 hours away).
I wound up spending near $400 to have the animal put down as it was diagnosed with IBD.

Basically I spent over $1000 for 1 adult female ball that looked/acted like a WC animal.

All in all, even though it was 2 years ago, I will NEVER even think about giving this kid a penny for any animal, nor even allow ANY of his animals to end up in my collection.

If need be, I believe I still have the original ad placed here on Fauna, and the vet bills.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Gecko_Den
Al, you confused me w/ the last post. Who is Mr. Truck? Is he associated w/ Pristine Pythons?
Thanks.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
NEWReptiles
CRAP, thanks for pointing that out Dan, it was supposed to say Mr. Light.

Everything else I posted above stands as fact other than the error pointed out.
I get confused easy and I have been posting alot on another thread where a Jon is invovled.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
Gecko_Den
LOL Al, and who is Dan?

Are you posting w/out your glasses today?

Old 11-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
Quote:
LOL Al, and who is Dan?

UUGGGHHHHHH

That was supposed to be Den.

Oh well, this will teach my to post when I have a terrible cold and have been getting about 3 hours of sleep for the past few nights......Although it could be the cold meds hindering my posting abilities too.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
gmherps
I was kin of wondering why a couple weeks ago Johnwas looking for as many Adult female BP's he could get his hands on, and then now selling them. I'm not saying anything bad against him and don't know him, but I did notice this.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:32 PM   #9
PristinePythons
Inquiry on Myself: John Light of Pristine Pythons

I got a call from one of my customers. They weren’t real happy with me. Infact I was threatend over the phone. Supposedly there are a lot of rumors going around that I’m a scam artist. I personally have not heard these rumors or I would of already set them straight. First off, I’ve only sold baby hets. I do have 1 het albino adult female that’s my partners and we are still working out a deal with that animal. How can you call someone a scam artist when it takes 2 years to prove out a het animal?! Until you prove other wise I am completely legit and intend to stay legit! Every het animal I’ve sold is what it was sold as, a het! I have had 0 problems with anyone but this customer. I have been late on sending a few packages out and communication on my part wasn’t as good as it should have been. I’m going to be changing the way I do business, for the better! I am very new to the market and I'm still learning. I have been selling reptiles for a few years but on a very small scale. As far as I know everyone else has been very happy with his or her transactions besides this one guy. I’m just trying to put this to rest as I’ve built up a pretty good rep (or atleast I thought I had) in which I intend to keep. I am not a scam artist. I do have references. Please confront the person in which the rumor is about instead of passing wrong information! Do not jump to Conclusions! If you have any questions feel free to post them here or e-mail me directly. If that’s not enough give me a call and talk to me in person! I love these animals and I'm in this hobby for good!

Sincerely,
John Light
Pristine Pythons

Old 11-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #10
PristinePythons
myself.

To set a few things straight:

My shipping methods will be perfected. I'll take 100% blaim for this!

I have never sold a c.b.b. ball as w.c.! Knowingly

I have never sold an unhealthy animal as healthy! Knowingly

Yes I wanted to buy up as many hets as possable. I've actually taken a turn and decided to step up my investment.

I had some breeding loans going on in which I was unable to get enough females for. I have nothing to breed these girls to so I intended to move them. People do buy wholesale and sell for retail. If someone offers me more why not take it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!