I can't believe it - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Lucille
I can't believe it

I saw in a book where BTS like to eat snails and I never really paid any mind because the snails around here have hard shells and I didn't think a skink could get to the snail part to eat it.
It rained today and lately there has been a mini explosion of the garden snail populations and they came out to crawl around in the garden. I scooped up around 10 snails for each skink just to see what would happen. I can't believe it, the skinks crunched on them and each skink has already eaten his snail quota!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
Reptscue
Mine love snails! I buy bulk mystery snails and they don't last long. Of coarse I do have 14 BTS so I don't think that helps.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
Brian - LCRC
LEEWAY CORUCIA RESEARCH CENTER (LCRC)

Hello Lucille,

It should not be too astonishing as BTS have a close affinity to PTS - The Pink Tonque Skink Hemisphaeriodon gerrardi. The Pink Tonque skink consists of a diet of snails on a regular basis.

STILL... if one is not prepared for what their lizard will it eat, it can be a shocker.

With Blue tonques, variety is often the spice of life, try to variety the diet, it seems to work best for them.

Best of luck,

Brian LCRC

Old 10-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Brian - LCRC
LEEWAY CORUCIA RESEARCH CENTER (LCRC)

Hello again Lucille,

If your blue tonques wil eat snails, go for it.

We find that BTS will normally prefer meat to other matter.

Again, Best of Luck.

Sincerely, Brian
LCRC

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!