Bad Guy Do not buy from Herphobbyist91 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:24 PM   #1
kit.c.knight
Do not buy from Herphobbyist91

This seller accepted $370.00 for 4 Elgaria multicarinata on Sept. 4, 2018. The seller submitted a message claiming the lizards were not doing well. I asked the seller to try and rehabilitate the lizards and in two weeks let me know if the lizards were healthy enough to ship -or- refund my money. Since that message, the seller has not contacted me. The seller goes by two names; David Ramos on this website and by Daniel Gonzalez via PayPal. His email is denzellll91@gmail.com.
We did have a successful transaction for 3 Elgaria kingii one year ago. I'm not sure if this seller is a true scammer or if he/she died or went to jail. Either way, I'm out $370.00. I am trying to dispute this with PayPal. I will report if successful.
Sincerely,
-Kit Knight

Old 10-30-2018, 11:42 PM   #2
bcr229
Why did you not update your other thread? I guess the refund did not work?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=666668

Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
kit.c.knight
Because Daniel/David saw that particular thread and responded. I thought for sure we were going to resolve the issue. He/she never said why there are two names, either. Because I have not heard from this person in over a month, I have no choice now but to report this seller as a bad guy. Bummer.
-Kit

Old 10-31-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.c.knight View Post
This seller accepted $370.00 for 4 Elgaria multicarinata on Sept. 4, 2018. The seller submitted a message claiming the lizards were not doing well. I asked the seller to try and rehabilitate the lizards and in two weeks let me know if the lizards were healthy enough to ship -or- refund my money. Since that message, the seller has not contacted me. The seller goes by two names; David Ramos on this website and by Daniel Gonzalez via PayPal. His email is denzellll91@gmail.com.
We did have a successful transaction for 3 Elgaria kingii one year ago. I'm not sure if this seller is a true scammer or if he/she died or went to jail. Either way, I'm out $370.00. I am trying to dispute this with PayPal. I will report if successful.
Sincerely,
-Kit Knight
Why is this post so vague? The seller accepted 370, from who? The seller "submitred" a message, to who? Shipping date? Disclosure of admittance to sick animals? Two weeks rehabilitation, lol, to satisfy your acceptance of shipping? Woweee! Please post any and all correspondence you have regarding this deal.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:48 PM   #5
LauraB
From your original post of 8-28-18 (again)
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=666668

"Story: Seller with 4 Elgaria multicarnata photos. He wanted $65 each plus $60 flat rate shipping. I paid via PayPal within hours of the post, with extra just in case shipping was more ($370 total). Seller asked if I could "confirm receipt" before lizards were shipped to release the funds. I refused, within hours seller refunded PayPal money.
Conclusion: likely a scammer."

Did you, or did you not get your $370.00 refund for those lizards, Kit? A simple yes or no will do. Thank you.

The flags are already waving for seller's dual names, just answer refund question, please.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:59 PM   #6
kit.c.knight
No, I did not get a refund.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:34 AM   #7
LauraB
Thank you, Kit. I was just trying to understand why you had previously stated the seller issued a refund, but then you posted this new warning.

I'm sorry you did not receive your money back. Obviously Herphobbyist91 aka David Ramos / Daniel Gonzalez / denzellll91 @gmail.com is one to be avoided.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.c.knight View Post
David Ramos on this website and by Daniel Gonzalez via PayPal. His email is denzellll91@gmail.com.
This issue about 'David' vs. 'Daniel' was previously brought up in a prior 2016 BOI report. 'David' said the following regarding 'Daniel'...
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #9
Robert Walker
Anyone see any red flags based on the kinds of animals being offered for sale?
Issues if you lived in Arizona vs. California?
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #10
Robert Walker
'David' & 'Daniel', or simply just Daniel?

Account: herphobbyist91
David Ramos
Tucson, AZ
herphobbyist91@gmail.com

Account: dagonzal91
Daniel Gonzalez
Modesto, CA
dagonzal91@gmail.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
alligator lizard, scammer