Anyone Looking For Anolis Carolinensis? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Other Lizards

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
Bryan S
Anyone Looking For Anolis Carolinensis?

I have access to these in the wild here, they are very vibrantly colored and seem somewhat tame compared to many other lizards (gecko's) that we have here. They will often times watch you as you walk about the yard. If anyone is interested let me know what you'd be willing to pay for each specimen and if it's something that would work for me I can contact the department of agriculture here to see what the export regulations are. Thanks, Bryan

PS-If anyone wants to see pictures of the specimens that I have access to, let me know and I will try to upload some. Thanks, Bryan
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
Ed Clark
Bryan, please post pics.

There is a manage attachments option when you make a post, just upload from there.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Bryan, please post pics.

There is a manage attachments option when you make a post, just upload from there.
Sure, I'll do that later today as it is only 7:30AM here and they obviously become more active with the morning sun. I figured that I'd just try and see if there could be a potential market for them before dealing with the fish and game people. They are beauties and the males have very nice colored throats when they try to attract mates. Thanks for the interest, Bryan
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Bryan S
Pics

Here you go, hopefully this works...

I'm not sure if we have 2 different Anole species as one is brown (I honestly haven't done much research on this species) I do however know that I see a LOT more of the green colored specimens than the brown. Enjoy!

BTW-See what I mean when I said that they look at you and follow you with their eyes

EDIT-Apparently they do indeed change color and it is Anolis Carolinensis.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
gasteriaphile
Hi. Yes your pics are of a female Anolis carolinensis. And a very nice one at that!
As far as export whatevers from your state, don't let the Government intrude into your life.
You have the right to do whatever you want to do in collecting animals (in moderation of course) and selling them. The Government has no constitutional authority to get involved unless you are harming someone else or just generally raping the countryside.
I'd be interested in corresponding with you privately on a purchase. Private message me, thanks, BB

Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
Bryan S
I should hopefully get my answer tomorrow on whether or not I can export these beauties. If I can, then I will let everyone know in this thread. Wish me luck!
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Bryan S
I was told today that I could not do this commercially but that if I "took them with me on a plane it would be fine". So apparently I can fly with them, but they can't be shipped out. Umm, yeah. I was then later told that I could talk to the invasive species division and see what happens. It looks unlikely at this point and I am very disappointed. I'm hoping to get good news from this person but my call hasn't been returned since 10AM, so unless they were out of the office who knows when I maybe able to contact this person.

I will keep everyone posted, wish me luck!
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
Bryan S
Well, I talked to the person today and unfortunately once again the law screws the little guy, I am unable to export these beauties. The best that I could do is collect them for someone visiting from the mainland US and sell them to them (not even sure if that's legal, but what's the difference if they collect them or I do?). If anyone is interested in doing that and are coming to Maui, please give me as much notice as possible and let me know how many you're looking for. Other than that, no luck for me
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
gasteriaphile
Angry Screwed is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
Well, I talked to the person today and unfortunately once again the law screws the little guy, I am unable to export these beauties. The best that I could do is collect them for someone visiting from the mainland US and sell them to them (not even sure if that's legal, but what's the difference if they collect them or I do?). If anyone is interested in doing that and are coming to Maui, please give me as much notice as possible and let me know how many you're looking for. Other than that, no luck for me
Bryan, you have been thoroughly brain-washed by The Government Apparatus. Of course you are getting screwed. Whenever you ask the Government for anything they are going to say "no". I quit asking the Government about permission to do things that are completely harmless years ago. I am happier now and the Government doesn't know anything anyway.

Let's see if I have this straight. You are in Hawai'i? Anolis carolinensis is an alien animal to the Hawaiian Islands, yes? So you are collecting an exotic lizard that should not be in Hawaii in the first place, and you want to "export" it (as if the United States were another country?!) to the mainland, where the Green Anole is native? Excuse me but I don't see any rationale here for the Government to object, other than the fact that the Government doesn't want its citizens to have too much liberty. That would be awful. So "just say no"! No problem!

Sheesh. Americans are becoming sheep.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #10
Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteriaphile View Post
Bryan, you have been thoroughly brain-washed by The Government Apparatus. Of course you are getting screwed. Whenever you ask the Government for anything they are going to say "no". I quit asking the Government about permission to do things that are completely harmless years ago. I am happier now and the Government doesn't know anything anyway.

Let's see if I have this straight. You are in Hawai'i? Anolis carolinensis is an alien animal to the Hawaiian Islands, yes? So you are collecting an exotic lizard that should not be in Hawaii in the first place, and you want to "export" it (as if the United States were another country?!) to the mainland, where the Green Anole is native? Excuse me but I don't see any rationale here for the Government to object, other than the fact that the Government doesn't want its citizens to have too much liberty. That would be awful. So "just say no"! No problem!

Sheesh. Americans are becoming sheep.
Trust me, if I were the "lucky" type I'd say screw it and do it anyway, I'm not and I'd probably spend 10 years in a federal pen

I am far from a sheep, but in a country where you can go to prison for defending yourself in a fight for "injuring someone excessively" or for shooting someone who is threatening you or your family, what do you do? Free country my rear. However this is a STATE rule, so it's on the state of Hawaii this time not the feds.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread