Bad Guy Mike Matson (Mikes Phat Frogs) - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:12 AM   #201
Lucille
Here is the original post from years ago, even then, Mike was trying to hush everyone that received sick and dying frogs. It seems like Mike Matson is still sending out dead frogs.
While buyers and sellers who have contractual capacity can in fact make any sort of legal agreement, there are sometimes terms included that are termed 'unconscionable' which courts can deem unenforceable.
However, it is my opinion that life for any frog buyer would be made easier simply by not dealing with Mike, and his dead animals.

If you have received dead frogs from Mike, read this thread and you will realize that you probably aren't going to get your money back no matter what you do. (You shouldn't have bought from him in the first place, when anyone tells you in their TOS that you can't talk about your dead frogs, what does that tell you?)

Since you probably, in my opinion, aren't getting refunded anyway unless you go to court to have his terms deemed unconscionable, you might as well help your brothers and sisters in the frog world and publish your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexotics View Post
I ordered a 20 lot of Pacmans 3/13/16 before seeing all his recent reviews on the BOI. Agreed on a Mon for Tues delivery. Called off work Tues frogs never came. Emailed Mike he said they were never shipped, and they were going out for Weds. Called off work again, frogs came Weds. One was DOA and several were clearly EXTREMELY bloated. Within 72hrs half were dead most within the first 12hrs. My shipping temps were in the mid 60's, I don't believe for one second these frogs became ill during the shipping process. I ordered 10 lime albinos and 10 peppermints. All but one of the lime albinos died within the first 72hrs. I have since lost three of the peppermints to a bacterial infection, they had cloudy eyes when I got them. The seven remaining frogs I have are doing fine and have tripled in size BUT.... Most of the remaining peppermints, which are supposed to stay bright green are turning dark green/brown and look like normal green Pacmans.
Mike said he would replace the entire order, I've been waiting almost three months for twenty frogs. Mike says he doesn't have frogs out of the water yet, but continues to post available frogs on Facebook. I've seen a few other people on Facebook groups complaining that all their lime albino from Mike Matson died.
Mike has since told me they will not be replaced because I out'ed him on a Facebook group. He responded with his typical empty school girl threats.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #202
Snake-Queen
That little tidbit about public posting voiding warranty would have me running in the other direction.

Mike and his new partner are just using bullying techniques to scare their customers & avoid any negative feedback. The customers who have issues will likely never see refunds regardless.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #203
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post

There's a new name associated with the business - Kelsey Mutch.
Did a brief search and found this. One hopes that when two people plan to get married, each helps to accentuate and support the positive humanistic qualities that each have been blessed with. That doesn't always happen though.

Kelsey Mutch and Mike Matson's Wedding Website - The Knot
https://www.theknot.com/us/kelsey-mu...atson-jul-2019
Welcome to Kelsey Mutch and Mike Matson's Wedding Website! View photos, directions, registry details and more at The Knot.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #204
tlmoon
A warranty or guarantee implies that the product was not what it should be in some way. Like they send dead animals. To have a policy that speaking out about it voids the warranty? Wow, anyone with any sense would RUN from a seller who feels the need to make that a policy. Too bad Mike hasn't changed his stripes, from the looks of things.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #205
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsexotics View Post
And once again I will point out that I do not care about the comments made on here.
The above quote is from earlier in this thread. Obviously, it is a lie. Mike fears Fauna, and fears that people who have had dead frogs sent to them will post the truth here, or else he would have never created his ridiculous TOS which attempts to hush those telling the truth about sick and dead frogs they received.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #206
Mike Schultz
For what it's worth I understand where he's coming from. I'm not afraid of reviews, but i'm a lot less inclined to help somebody who has already left a bad review. People read headlines, they don't read the fine print.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #207
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
People read headlines, they don't read the fine print.
To paraphrase: Fools only read headlines, they don't read the fine print.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:11 PM   #208
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
To paraphrase: Fools only read headlines, they don't read the fine print.
Yeah that's what I said

Old 09-11-2018, 01:20 AM   #209
tommykatie9189
Hormones?

Old 10-24-2018, 03:45 AM   #210
HiddenHerps
So if Mike is 'bad' can someone kindly point me in the direction of a 'good' frog breeder. Specifically Ceratophrys sp.?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!