Here's your pics!- morph? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
geckogrl6
Here's your pics!- morph?

OK, here are the politely demanded pics of my 3 new acquisitions. Two are super docile, one even wrapped around my wrist and wouldn't let me put it down to take pics of the third. I have missed the feeling of doing activities with a strong muscle of snake skin adornment. Um, that didn't come out quite right, lol. I think most of you know what I mean. Anyway, I would like to know what morph these guys are. And should I read at all into the one who seems more active/less amenable to handling? He's not aggressive at all, just more exploratory, I'm thinking maybe that's thew male of the 3? Are males more active? Their bellies are completely white, and 2 have long stripes at the tail end. Again, I have no idea when it comes to BP morphs, other than I can tell an albino and a piebald, which these obviously are not.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 AM   #2
geckogrl6
Oh, I may remember that one parent was a pastel, and the other a strider? Spider? Not sure on either of those

Old 08-31-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Nice Normals there! Cuties for sure!

Old 08-31-2007, 12:34 AM   #4
SPJ
They are the elusive wild type morph.

Very nice though. I like the bullseye on the first one.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:39 AM   #5
Pink Lady Exotics
All 3 are 100% normals. All ball pythons have white bellies with grayish/black speckles -- some have more or less than others. And a big majority of ball pythons have stripes at their tail -- it just always seems to end up that way. As for the one possibly being a male, behavior doesn't indicate gender -- the only way to find out is to have them popped or probed by a professional. Males and females can be docile, aggressive, curious, shy, everything. They all have individual personalities.

Congrats on the cuties!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
BalloonzForU
Very Pretty Normals!!

Old 08-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
LadyOhh
Yessum

Have fun with them!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
geckogrl6
Thanks all, I kinda had a feeling they were normals. Now I know. Some new developments, as it was feeding day today. I bought two fuzzies each, live, since I was told that's what they were fed previously. Actually, they were fed small mice, but the adults looked just a little too big to my eyes, and they had no hoppers. They prob could have eaten more than 2 each, but I wanted to make sure they were eating period before I bought too many. Well one, the most active, was also most likely the most hungry, as he struck right away, as soon as he located the mouse. Faster strike than I would have guessed, too, but anyway. When he got that one down, I threw a second in there. They are of course being fed in a seperate container, individually. Funny thing, though, he constricted the first as I am accustomed to my corns doing, and then swallowed after wuite a bit of manuevering. Ended up butt-first. Well, the second he made NO effort to constrict at all, just tried to swallow it straight off. After it started squiring, he did some squeezing. The second ate nothing, retreated from the mouse outright. I will try that one again later. The third ate eventually, after leaving her in the dark alone for few minutes. I did not see her eat the first, but didn't hear much squealing, some bumping around, so am guessing it was squeezed. THen when the 2nd went in, same thing- made no effort to constrict. She actually grabbed it by the head and started swallowing, while the little thing was squeling and wriggling like crazy. Even then the snake made very little, if any, effort to squeeze it dead. Is this just inexperience for these young snakes? I take it I should be able to switch to f/t for the next feeding, right? Do they look big enough in the pics to take full grown mice?

Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
FireStorm
Yes, they should be fine to take full size mice. I wasn't sure about by first hatchlings, either, but they can take bigger prey than you would think. As far as them not constricting, I have had snakes do that occasionally with very small prey. Once in a while I have a rat pink or something that I have to feed off, and I have one male who won't constrict them.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 PM   #10
geckogrl6
OK, cool. What do you think of trying the frozen ones? I was kinda hoping I could make the switch ASAP, as I personally find them easier on me, and quite a bit quieter in the house. I was told to wait until they're older, but not sure why. I will get adult mice next time. I thought they'd be too big, as the snakes are not nearly as wide around as a mouse, but I guess if they are big enough to get the head OK, then the rest just collapses on the way down, right? The third is still not at all interested in food, any thoughts on inducing it, other than waiting?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!