Why is no one ever in oklahoma? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
shadraak
Why is no one ever in oklahoma?

Hard enough trying to find someone in Oklahoma, let alone one that wont run away or stop talking to you once you mention you raise reptiles.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
vodkadreamzzz
OK

I was born and raised here. I moved out east and got into herps heavily, in the VA beach area as well as NC. It seemed like everyone and thier brother out there had herps. Not to mention they knew how to take care of one. (OK NOT EVERYONE here in Ok doesnt know how to take care of them, chances are if you are on here u do. but working in a pet store here for a few months has rally turned me off from breeding and selling around here) its that people dont care to learn. I find that the only reptile shop is mite ridden and full of over priced unhealthy herps, or the shows are full of over priced herps that I would really question about even touching.

But let me assure you, there are a couple of us around here. There are a few shows being put on in OKC in 2010 with many vendors who have came from outside of OK, even as far from the coasts. as well as many here from OK.

My snake collection/colony at one time was pushing 200+ snakes, not to mention I helped out all those who I could when it came to vending out east. I moved back with about 30 herps last xmas, I am down to 8 or so and a bulldog. It is hard not having as many herp buddies to hang out around here and going to shows constantly, not to mention snake hunting buddies. I kept it to my favorite species with occasionally picking up a new species here or there. dont let it discourage you, just go to a few shows and make some friends.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
shadraak
Well I'm in the herp society. And plan on going to the shows went to the one last year. Hope to vend next year but prob won't. I was mainly saying no women lol. Everyone I can find that likes me is always in another state or doesn't like herps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!