Inquiry: Ron Billingsley - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:52 AM   #11
shrap
I see Ron at the shows too. I would not hesitate to do business with him.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #12
Casey Hulse
Ron?

Ron is a real nice guy. I see him at most all of the shows we attend here in the mid west. Very helpful and informative. He used to breed "everything" now I believe he is focused on BP's and he has quite a collection.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #13
bwyatt
Thumbs up Great Displays

We purchased several sets of his displays at the show this weekend. They are great!!!!!! The best we have had so far the cases are easy to carry and the look great plus a very reasonable price.....Would not hesitate to do business with him at all.

Brandie Wyatt
TW International Inc.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #14
Ron Billingsley
Thanks for all the kind words.
Regarding the 100% het for albino hondruans. When I purchased a collection that they were in, I was told they were a pair. I poped them as a pair. When they were returned, we probed them, and I probed them as a pair. David, still believed they were males. No problem, I happliy returned his money, and sold them 30 seconds later to another person standing there watching this entire scene take place. This second part is heresay. I was later told David could not get them to eat frozen thawed, so did not want them. As long as tanimals I sell are not injured or ill, I am always happy to take back animals if someone is not happy with them. While we where at the Indy show that day, quite a few folks had gathered around, and they were sold to another party, that where impressed with them. As far as I am concerned, case closed. I did not try to take advantage of David. I hope we can do deals in the future.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #15
Thomas Jones
I have done several deals with Ron. Everytime he has been great to deal with. He calls me from time to time and we chat alittle online. Very nice guy.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
mrhognose
Ron!

I have bought quite a few animals form Ron and have NEVER got one that was mis-probed or misrepresented in anyway. I only wish he sold every type of herp there was so I wouldn't have to buy from other people. Ron is a man of his word, and if you want to ask me about how great a guy he is...you can call me at home! E-mail addy is mrhognose@aol.com if you want to ask for a reference! Kristy

Old 08-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #17
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Billingsley
Thanks for all the kind words.
Regarding the 100% het for albino hondruans. When I purchased a collection that they were in, I was told they were a pair. I poped them as a pair. When they were returned, we probed them, and I probed them as a pair. David, still believed they were males. No problem, I happliy returned his money, and sold them 30 seconds later to another person standing there watching this entire scene take place. This second part is heresay. I was later told David could not get them to eat frozen thawed, so did not want them. As long as tanimals I sell are not injured or ill, I am always happy to take back animals if someone is not happy with them. While we where at the Indy show that day, quite a few folks had gathered around, and they were sold to another party, that where impressed with them. As far as I am concerned, case closed. I did not try to take advantage of David. I hope we can do deals in the future.
Ron, I kinda get the sense you were somehow offended by my post here. I hope that is not the case, because that was not my intent. I was merely sharing my experience with the board. I stated plainly that you held up your word and that I would buy from you again. You are a stand up guy in my opinion. There are plenty of others who would've just said tough crap and taken my money.

Now...about the "hearsay" you mentioned above...it couldn't have been further from the truth (I don't know who you heard that from, because I never said one word about either snakes to anyone...as soon as I walked in the door, I came to your table to get my money back). Both of those snakes ate frozen/thawed fuzzy mice very readily for me (about 4 times while they were in my possession, and both snakes shed once while I had them also) and they were substantially bigger when I brought them back to you than when I bought them.

The snakes were perfect in every way, except that they were both males. I and a friend of mine both probed them when I got them home....both snakes probed at LEAST 8 subcaudal scales deep. When you attempted to probe them at the show where I returned them, you used a probe that was nearly bigger than the snakes' tails...far too large to accurately sex them with, and that is why you were firm in your belief that one of them was in fact a female. I am not saying you don't know what you're doing or that you don't know how to probe a snake, but you even admitted afterwards that you are not very familar with Milksnakes and you are a Ball Python guy instead.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 PM   #18
Ron Billingsley
No, I wasn't offended. Just giving my side of things. As for only being a Balll python guy, back in the early 90's, I was producing colubrids by the thousands. Corns, kings, milks, etc. But no biggie. Let's not let this turn into one of those He said, She said things. We are both adults. Were even steven's. No winner, no loser. Be happy.
I'm cool. Your cool. The end.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #19
DavidBeard
No problem man. I certainly was not trying to ignite a flame war or anything like that. I saw your post and just wanted to clear some things up. I'm a straight up guy...if those snakes weren't eating f/t, and thats why I wanted to return them, thats exactly what I'd say. I hate it when people who don't know what they're talking about start spreading BS like its the truth (I'm referring to whoever told you I didn't want the snakes because they wouldn't eat for me).

Old 08-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #20
nogoodteen
Rons a great guy. A friend of mine bought 2 GTPs off him at the last Indy show and he loves them. He took them home and they eat the same day for him. I plan of buying a Pastel BP off him this year if all goes as planed. Its great to know there are good people in the reptile world. Plus its nice that he lives in Indiana too.
Blake

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!