Bad Guy I got ripped off. Kevin Olbrych - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #31
PStein80
Funny that this popped up in my email, as I sent him a note earlier to inquire about my turtles. Two of them, he told me a month ago that he had, and would ship. Following up, I am now told next week - that he's waiting for shipping supplies.

The other two might not be until the end of the year, and I suggested that perhaps he consider an alternative species. I haven't received a response.

I don't think Kevin is a scammer. I think running into the law really impacted his business, and that he is trying to get back on his feet. HOWEVER - the people he owed turtles to (David, me, etc.) should have been made whole as soon as possible, no matter what.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:10 PM   #32
GinoInDaBronx
pstein: being a scammer is running into the law.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #33
PStein80
Gino - the issues with Kevin were domestic, and then the animals got connected because I think he had some venomous reptiles he shouldn't have, and more Florida Box turtles than he was allowed to. But no, I don't equate his legal issues to describing him as a scammer.

I did say that his priority should have been people from whom he received money and hadn't yet sent turtles to. But Kevin and I have had about three or four previous deals, and I wouldn't describe him as a scammer, sorry.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:14 AM   #34
snakesareawesome
There are so many stupid and needless laws in this day and age, it's not like the guy was dealing drugs to school children. As long as he comes through, I don't think he should be considered a scammer.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by capuzzi2 View Post
That's right. His debt to me is not a priority evidently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
If he profits from any sales, and sends zip to the OP, ...
^^^^
This

Perhaps the original snafu had to do with his brush with the law, but if he is selling again, he should be making small good faith payments to those he owes refunds to.
I can understand if he cannot pony up a complete refund immediately, but putting his customers' problems on a back burner isn't an ethical way to handle the situation IMHO, and new potential customers might take note that they too might be shoved onto the back burner whenever problems arise.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #36
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStein80 View Post
Gino - I think he had some venomous reptiles he shouldn't have, .
He's always delt in venomous .... what could he have had thst wasn't allowed under Florida's venomous laws ?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #37
elena
I think Kevin is handling his troubles very incorrectly, but I don't yet think the exact term scammer applies. Bad guy? Maybe. But scammer, no. A scammer seeks out to steel money from people by deceiving them. I believe that Kevin made these turtle deals in honesty, totally intending to follow through on them, and then messed up everything terribly by doing illegal things, and then perhaps didn't do a good enough job on making everyone whole. That last part remains to be seen, maybe he will, but just hasn't gotten it together to do it yet. If he never rights this, he's a bad guy. If he does right this, maybe he's not a bad guy, but I will still probably never do business with him. It's too risky, what if he goes to jail again and so on? But I don't think that "scammer" is the kind of bad guy that he may be, because "scammer" requires dishonesty, which I don't yet see. The kind of bad guy I see is "highly irresponsible/risky unstable life."

Old 08-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #38
capuzzi2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStein80 View Post
Gino - the issues with Kevin were domestic, and then the animals got connected because I think he had some venomous reptiles he shouldn't have, and more Florida Box turtles than he was allowed to. But no, I don't equate his legal issues to describing him as a scammer.

I did say that his priority should have been people from whom he received money and hadn't yet sent turtles to. But Kevin and I have had about three or four previous deals, and I wouldn't describe him as a scammer, sorry.
Has he gotten things straight with you yet? I'm still waiting.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #39
Robert Walker
Quote:
He's not trying to scam anybody.
Quote:
I'm still waiting.
You started this thread more than 5 months ago, still feel the same way?

Old 08-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #40
capuzzi2
And I will keep it open and active until this matter is resolved. He should be making a better effort. It would help his reputation if this is publicly fixed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!