Bad Guy Alex Conover AKA ACdabeast- flipping rescue snakes - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #31
RobNJ
Thanks guys, I really didn't want to start a big thing over this. I knew that ad was for the same snake I had looked at, and Katie, the lady who originally had it was a very kind, honest person throughout our correspondence, that I was angry at the fact that she may have been deceived, as well as the fact that any number of Fauna users could have been deceived as well. I never pm'd Alex because I was interested in the pewter in the first place, but rather because I knew something was up and I just went about trying to expose it. I realize this may have made me out to look like a dishonest person, but I was willing to risk that in order to get this straightened out.

That being said...Alex, it's going to be quite some time before anyone who has read this thread can believe you, whether or not you are stating the truth about your real intentions with this snake. Behaving like an overly defensive child and posting 'decoy' ads are not a good way to get started. I am a rather forgiving and reasonable person, and I only hope you learn from this and can put a positive spin on it in time.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
but doesn't it all seem a bit weird?
It does and his responses to this thread makes me re-think the benefit of the doubt I was giving him.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #33
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACdabeast View Post
why state the hole story.
Because an honest seller would state the whole story.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
RobNJ
Alex, having your buddy John Stranahan send me harsh, vulgar e-mails does not help your case. I have been calm and courteous here, and would expect the same from an 'up and coming breeder'. You could have taken this in stride, and just chalk it up as a bad day, but you have now made this very personal for me.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #35
SPJ
I just have one question since there are no headers to this part of the exchange to verify it and there have not been any screen shots of PM's posted.

Alex, did you actually write this as you are being accused of?

Quote:
ive had this girl ever since she was a hatch-ling my buddy who is a underground breeder produced her and she has always been a great eater it just this winter she did not go off feed she just would not eat every week more like every 2 weeks or 17 days she only lost a little weight i really should have not put she thined out she just trimmed out she did not gain weight just stayed a steady 470gram she is a 2009.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #36
SPJ
Rob, for now I am still giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. I understand what you are saying but it is difficult to hang this guy without being able to verify the accusations. Screenshots and headers are needed to show he actually wrote what you say. For now, there is no way to verify it and it looks like a he said she said scenario.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #37
RobNJ
Steve, that is the reply I got from Alex regarding the pewter, however, I do see what you're saying. As soon as I can I will provide the screen shot(can someone pm me on how to do so, as I have no clue how).

I don't want this thread to be blown out of proportion. Alex will dictate his own future with his actions. He spouted off at a time he should have kept himself composed. I believe the best thing for him to do would be to answer what is being asked of him, let it go, and move on.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #38
ed hummel
hes busy having a good nights sleep

Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 AM   #39
RobNJ
Ok, I found an app for screenshots on my Blackberry, so here goes...if this doesn't work out, I'll have to do it at some point tomorrow as the internet connection is very shaky here today. Thanks to those who pm'd me about taking screenshots!
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #40
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
Ok, I found an app for screenshots on my Blackberry, so here goes...if this doesn't work out, I'll have to do it at some point tomorrow as the internet connection is very shaky here today. Thanks to those who pm'd me about taking screenshots!
Is John Stranahan standing behind this individual?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!