Good Guy Mike Matson from JRS Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
fishtanker
Mike Matson from JRS Exotics

Just wanted to say Mike was great to deal with. He got me the female russians that I have been looking for. He answered my many questions and all at a great price. I am always weary working with a new importer, but you don't have to worry about this guy. Great price, quick shipping, super animals.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
ReptileAddictions
I would have to disagree with this thread completely. I am glad you seem to be the only customer with good luck. To give a little background on Mike Matson Jr, his father was in the trade for years. Burned everyone in this town. My mother included. He pretty much drug his name through the mud and no one would buy from him anymore. His son who is 18 or 19 has picked up where he left off. He doesn't raise anything he sells. He purchases wholesale, mainly wild caught, doesnt quarantine, and immediatly reships out. The very few customers he has sold to locally have came in with completely incorrect ID species with nothing but feeding and health problem. His local MO is listing animals on Craigslist like he is a regular guy rehoming. Then you pay Paypal where there is no refund recourse. There is no follow through customer service.
I have not purchased anything from him, nor would I ever. The customers of his that have brought their problems to my store as a last resort are completely dissatisfied.
The daily warnings and complaints on Craigslist about him speak for themselves.

Thanks, Wendy Childs
Reptile Addictions
11518 East Sprague Ave
Spokane, Wa 99206
(509)927-3008

Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
fishtanker
I guess I got lucky. Mine are here and eating. I kinda think most importers operate like this I think. Get it in country and try to turn it as quickly as possible. I like buying from breeders, but it has been impossible to buy anything but hatchlings from breeders, no one will surplus a female, and the adults are also captives, long term. I think you take a lot of risks when you buy wild caught, not captive bred.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
lindy
purchased from mike matson

I decided to purchase one big female and one smaller female russian tortoise from mike after he assured me he wont send me a male instead of a female.

They arrived on time and were alive. They were in the same bag.

Anyways when i opened the bag. I found out that there was a pair and not two females.

I emailed right away, sent photos, and he said sell the tortoise to get some of my money back. I told him I probably wont get my money back ,he then said i can get some store credit or send him back and exchange.

I was going to exchange in hopes of a female, however i couldn't afford to send him back. and mike said he didn't have any more females available.
So that is how my transaction went with Mike.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
yellowplanetaryseed
I can vouch that this Mike Jr is always on Craigslist selling herps. He poses as a regular guy trying to 'rehome' his pets, which we all know is against the rules. I also see the warnings and posts of Mike verbally attacking people via Cl and email. Good business practices? I don't think so.

I would definitely not consider this one a 'Good Guy'.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
yellowplanetaryseed
This was just posted on CL:

I emailed this Mike Matson Jr guy about the hedgehogs. See his SELLING reply emails below. I have included our email exchangesNot only is he selling, he doesnt even have the damn animals, but will ORDER them once you pay for them. Paying via Paypal isnt safe at all, paypal makes no guarantees on live animals so there is no recourse to get your money back from this guy. You are screwed with Paypal. He has ads all over here for all kinds of animals he will "ORDER" for you once you buy them. I traced these few down that are in the title, I am sure there are more. It appears selling on craigslist pets for rehoming is his job.

He really is the scam artist they are all saying!

To: comm-83pdb-1482584892@craigslist.org
Sent: Wed, November 25, 2009 5:31:56 PM
Subject:

How much for the hedgehogs?
John

Re:Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:11 AM
To: "John Adams"

I am asking $125.00 each. If you would like to pre order and put a $55.00 deposit per hedgehog i can order as many as you would like for $100.00 each

To: Mike Matson
Sent: Wed, November 25, 2009 7:04:20 PM
Subject: Re:

In your dreams you scam artist. This is not rehoming! You are selling! SHAME ON YOU!

You dont know me so, dont call me a scam artist. They are $100.00 they sell for $175.00 in spokane. SO, IF I WAS SELLING THEM WOULDNT YOU THINK THAT THEY WOULD BE GOING FOR MARKET PRICE? IF I WAS A SCAM ARTIST I WOULD BE HAVING DEPOSITS DONE THROUGH PAYPAL. A SAFE MONEY TRANSACTION FOR BOTH PARTIES. YOU ARE A IDIOT.

To: "Mike Matson"

You are not rehoming, you admit here you dont even have the animals, but will order them. I am reporting you to Paypal for selling goods not in your posession, and to craigslist for selling in a rehoming section.
Get a real job!

Re: Reported for selling

dude go F**K YOURSELF. Here is a picture.

Hey, you can tell paypal. Do you think they will give a f**k? I have done over $7,000 in transactions with them and they have not had a single problem. So, f**k you tree hugger.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
hhmoore
So who is John Adams?

Old 11-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
So who is John Adams?
John Adams (October 30, 1735 – July 4, 1826) was an American politician and the second President of the United States (1797–1801), after being the first Vice President (1789–1797) for two terms. He is regarded as one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.

Adams came to prominence in the early stages of the American Revolution. As a delegate from Massachusetts to the Continental Congress, he played a leading role in persuading Congress to adopt the United States Declaration of Independence in 1776. As a representative of Congress in Europe, he was a major negotiator of the eventual peace treaty with Great Britain, and chiefly responsible for obtaining important loans from Amsterdam.

This is a very short version on who John Adams is Harald.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
hhmoore
no ...
but that would have been who WAS John Adams, unless the second president of the U.S. has been surfing CraigsList recently

Old 11-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
kensopher
Harald, it looks like a third party post by John Adams on Craig's List. That's how I interpret the first line of her post.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!