Taproot reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #1
MikeV
Thumbs down Taproot reptiles

Has anyone ever dealt w/ Stacey Smith of Taproot Reptiles? Stacey cashed a deposit of mine and has never been heard from since. I do like to help out the unfortunate and needy w/ donations but from the K.S. ads and e-mails, I was under the impression my money would be used to buy goods(tortoises). Go figure! I can't believe I go to work everyday to make an honest living when I could be ripping people off from the comfort of my own home. Anyway, any info would be appreciated. Just in case there is an identity question:

Stacey Smith
3825 Nansemond Cir
Norfolk VA 23513

By the way, check was cashed on Dec. 26.
Thanks.

Old 02-26-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
Brian Oakley
What were the terms of your deposit?
If you made a deposit, I would think that these would be for animals not yet produced or in their hands? Not sure.
I understand your frustration as they could keep in contact, but again, what was the 'deal' as far as deposit and then when to pay the rest off? What were you to receive? When to receive?
No reason for them not communicating, but their has to be more to it than this.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:48 AM   #3
MikeV
taproot

Check was a deposit that was cashed on the 26th of Dec. Animals advertised were supposedly produced by Taproot and available immediately for shipping. I spoke with Stacey and we agreed on a payment plan: a deposit now and the rest by Jan 20. Like I said, this was the agreement and the last contact from Stacey was an e-mail on Dec 26 saying the check deposit has been received. Despite several e-mails I have sent Stacey well before the deadline of Jan 20, I have yet to hear anything from Taproot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!