Attractions - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: What professions attract you ? (more than 1 OK)
Doctor 10 23.81%
Lawyer (this is one of the correct answers lol) 5 11.90%
Politician 2 4.76%
Exotic dancer 8 19.05%
Law enforcement 8 19.05%
Hunky Firefighter 6 14.29%
Proctologist 0 0%
Chef 7 16.67%
Purveyor of reptiles 16 38.10%
Soldier 4 9.52%
Teacher 8 19.05%
Nurse 9 21.43%
Blue collar: factory, chemical plant, etc. 4 9.52%
Independently wealthy 11 26.19%
As long as they got it together, it doesn't matter what they do 21 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #11
shrap
What someones job is has no relevance on who they are as people. I am not attracted to anyone based on their occupation, that seems so incredibly shallow to me.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:01 AM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
What someones job is has no relevance on who they are as people. I am not attracted to anyone based on their occupation, that seems so incredibly shallow to me.
I have a different point of view on this one. I think one's job does in some way reflect on the kind of person one is. The vast majority of work is good and honorable: if one does one's best, most work is good work.

However, there are those who, for example, work as protection for drug lords. Others are scumbags in the reptile industry, preying on and ripping off the innocent. Their work, what they do, consists not of reptile sales but of ripoffs, fraud and theft. If one's line of work consists of deliberately doing evil, I do think it is relevant and a reflection on that person.

Conversely, there are those whose life's work consists of trying to do good. Teachers come to mind, since I work with them. Underpaid for the most part, they nevertheless prepare the next generation to take their places as citizens, and most do a good job.

I think there is a lot to be said for personal attraction, but overall I think it is natural and OK to factor in the kind of choices people have made for their lives as one of the bases for deciding friendship. Most occupations are good and honest, but some are not.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #13
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I have a different point of view on this one. I think one's job does in some way reflect on the kind of person one is. The vast majority of work is good and honorable: if one does one's best, most work is good work.

However, there are those who, for example, work as protection for drug lords. Others are scumbags in the reptile industry, preying on and ripping off the innocent. Their work, what they do, consists not of reptile sales but of ripoffs, fraud and theft. If one's line of work consists of deliberately doing evil, I do think it is relevant and a reflection on that person.

Conversely, there are those whose life's work consists of trying to do good. Teachers come to mind, since I work with them. Underpaid for the most part, they nevertheless prepare the next generation to take their places as citizens, and most do a good job.

I think there is a lot to be said for personal attraction, but overall I think it is natural and OK to factor in the kind of choices people have made for their lives as one of the bases for deciding friendship. Most occupations are good and honest, but some are not.
Occupation has nothing to do with character. Being a drug dealer or a scammer are character flaws and has nothing to do with occupation. Lawyers, law enforcement and politicians can be protectors of drug dealers. Those lawyers, policemen and politicians have character issues that have nothing to do with their occupations.

Just because one is in a so called "noble" profession does not make that individual person indeed noble. Teachers are another perfect example. There are many that are not good at their job, dont really care about the kids that they teach and every year dozens of them are arrested for molesting our children. Again, it is not the occupation that makes one of high character but the actions, intentions and honesty of the individual.

Oh, and drug dealer and thief are not occupations Lucille. They are criminal actions.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Oh, and drug dealer and thief are not occupations Lucille. They are criminal actions.

Huh? They are indeed criminal actions; but if it is what one does for a living, it is also an occupation. Perhaps you do not realize, that some people procure all their income doing such things.

In any case, you are entitled to your view, and certainly entitled to choose who and how you are attracted to others...

Old 10-05-2005, 09:32 AM   #15
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Huh? They are indeed criminal actions; but if it is what one does for a living, it is also an occupation. Perhaps you do not realize, that some people procure all their income doing such things.
Oh I realize a whole multitude of things that have obviously passed you right by.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:04 AM   #16
RedQuake
I voted for the hunky firefighter, although that might not have been the best choice for me. I want a guy who'll light the fires within me, not put them out LMAO. ~sorry its 1am and i'm already giddy from lack of sleep~......whatever happened to being able to stay up all nite???????????????????????????????

Ok one profession you missed was a massuse (sp?) one who massages you from head to toe............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now thats a man i'd go for in a second And right about now, as i sit here with every joint absolutely aching........i could use a good massage!!! Frankly i don't care what he does for a living, just that he does *something*. No couch potato for me..........

Ok there is NoThInG on TV at 1am on a sunday.........or ummmmmmmm Monday morning.........time for bed
Red

Old 11-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #17
coyote
Shrap

Quote:
Oh I realize a whole multitude of things that have obviously passed you right by.
I have not read so much sarcasm and hostility in your posts before. Is this the "evil" shrap responding?

Old 02-04-2006, 05:09 AM   #18
ladyserpent7
personally i dont think its the job that completely attracts me to a person..but its how they view that job...if someone works at mcdonalds and loves it..thats good for them..and if someone is a multimillionare and always complaining...thats such a turn off...i personally would NEVER stay at a job i hate...i just cant see myself doing that...so what attracts me is the persons passion for their occupation.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #19
ZenReptiles
I have never been attracted to anyone because of their profession. I'm a sucker for the suffering soul, and everyone I've dated has had some sort of trama in their life. I've had a lot of horrible things in my life, and its easier for me to be able to relate to someone in the same place then me. I don't want to be with someone who feels sorry for me, or tries to fix my life.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #20
Laura Fopiano
Occupation is irrelevant to me......he needs to make me laugh....make me feel like I'm the only person in a room of 5 thousand, make me feel that we are better together and for knowing each other than being appart....makes me want to sing to him on his answer machine.......to make love in our words to each other, no not phone sex......but a sense of being home.... the safety in his voice, and his security of knowing that I love him and only him. He makes me feel beautiful, accepts me the way I am, and encourages my personal growth with in the relationship and grows with me, we are separate and yet one....will feed my chocolate covered strawberries in bed cause he wants to.... Maybe I should have posted this under mythical man......but he's out there....so I wait for him.....and only him..........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!