New Member from Northern Colorado! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
MerakiMisfits
New Member from Northern Colorado!

Hi everyone! My name is Jenn, and I'm a new member of Fauna living in Northern Colorado. Ault to be exact, but it's a small town and I have found that most people don't know where it is. I have kept a wide range of reptiles for about 20 years, and then decided to do something WAY different and got into Hedgehogs about 3 years ago. I currently breed Hedgehogs, and have an occasional clutch of Reticulated Python and Ball Python eggs.
As far as reptiles go, my husband and I primarily keep snakes (Reticulated Pythons, Ball Pythons, Carpet Pythons a Burmese Python, and a Kenyan Sand Boa), but also have lizards (Asian Water Monitors, Leopard Geckos, a Bearded Dragon, and an Ornate Uromastyx), Sulcata Tortoises, and a Dwarf Caiman.

For mammals we have the Hedgehogs, 3 dogs, and 3 cats!

Happy to be here, and look forward to meeting some new people!

Old 04-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Glad to have you here Jennifer. Enjoy exploring and we look forward to your contributions!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
Hi and welcome Jennifer.

Do you expect any Uromastyx ornata for sale anytime soon? Also, do you have an excess male Uromastyx ornata?

As a side note, I love Paleosuchus palpebrosus.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:23 AM   #4
MerakiMisfits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
Hi and welcome Jennifer.

Do you expect any Uromastyx ornata for sale anytime soon? Also, do you have an excess male Uromastyx ornata?

As a side note, I love Paleosuchus palpebrosus.
Thank you! I unfortunately only have one male, so I have never bred them. He was given to me about a year ago. Sorry!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Old 04-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #5
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerakiMisfits View Post
Thank you! I unfortunately only have one male, so I have never bred them. He was given to me about a year ago. Sorry!

No worries at all. I hope you enjoy him. I would love to get a Hedgehog from you, but, I am sure shipping makes it too expensive. Do you happen to know a breeder of Glaucomys volans or any similar species? I am also looking for Spiny Mice of any species.

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2018, 04:40 AM   #6
MerakiMisfits
Quote:
No worries at all. I hope you enjoy him. I would love to get a Hedgehog from you, but, I am sure shipping makes it too expensive. Do you happen to know a breeder of Glaucomys volans or any similar species? I am also looking for Spiny Mice of any species.

Thanks!
I am always willing to ship Hedgehogs, but from the research I've done, shipping costs about $150. All of my sales have been local, so never had a need to look too far into it, but if you're interested I'd be more than happy to look into it more
And no, I unfortunately don't know any breeders for those guys, but they sure are cute!

Old 05-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
I am always willing to ship Hedgehogs, but from the research I've done, shipping costs about $150.
Ahh I see. What colours/patterns do you breed? Prices for each colour/pattern?

Quote:
All of my sales have been local, so never had a need to look too far into it, but if you're interested I'd be more than happy to look into it more
Please look at above questions before you do that. But, if, it is not too difficult maybe you should anyway. If you don't mind, I am VERY curious!

Quote:
And no, I unfortunately don't know any breeders for those guys, but they sure are cute!
I agree, plus, they are much easier and hardier then the very popular Petaurus breviceps . Do you know any small mammalian breeders?

Thanks so much!

Old 05-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #8
MerakiMisfits
Quote:
Ahh I see. What colours/patterns do you breed? Prices for each colour/pattern?

Please look at above questions before you do that. But, if, it is not too difficult maybe you should anyway. If you don't mind, I am VERY curious!

I agree, plus, they are much easier and hardier then the very popular Petaurus breviceps . Do you know any small mammalian breeders?

Thanks so much!
I don't, aside from the Hedgehogs, I'm primarily a reptile person, sorry.
All of my hedgehogs are $200, I don't price according to markings. I primarily focus on temperaments, I spend a lot of time socializing the babies so they'll be good pets (I cannot guarantee temperaments due to the fact that they can change as they get older and it greatly depends on how much time the new owner chooses continue socialization and interact with them), but in the 3 years that I've been breeding I have produced Grey's, Dark Grey's, Chocolates, Cinnamons, and Albinos. I mainly have Pintos, and some markings I've produced are Split Faces, Badger Stripes, Blazes, and Eyeliner.
And I produced my first Odd-Eyed (heterochromia) girl last year.
Sorry for the delayed message, it was a very busy day! If you're interested in me looking into shipping, let me know. I do have 2 females and 1 male left from my last litter, or I do have a waiting list I'd be happy to add you to as well.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
I don't, aside from the Hedgehogs, I'm primarily a reptile person, sorry.
Don't be sorry, I am too.

Quote:
All of my hedgehogs are $200, I don't price according to markings.
Wow, that is pretty cool.

Quote:
I primarily focus on temperaments, I spend a lot of time socializing the babies so they'll be good pets (I cannot guarantee temperaments due to the fact that they can change as they get older and it greatly depends on how much time the new owner chooses continue socialization and interact with them),
That is so so awesome. I understand you can't guarantee temperament, but, I still think what you are doing is awesome.

Quote:
but in the 3 years that I've been breeding I have produced Grey's, Dark Grey's, Chocolates, Cinnamons, and Albinos. I mainly have Pintos, and some markings I've produced are Split Faces, Badger Stripes, Blazes, and Eyeliner.
And I produced my first Odd-Eyed (heterochromia) girl last year.
I would be interested in Split Face, Badger Stripes, Blazes, and Eyeliner.

Quote:
Sorry for the delayed message, it was a very busy day!
Please don't be sorry, I just appreciate the response.

[quote=MerakiMisfits;2073279]If you're interested in me looking into shipping, let me know.[quote=MerakiMisfits;2073279]
If you don't mind, please, look into shipping cost/protocol.

Quote:
I do have 2 females and 1 male left from my last litter,
What color(s) and or patterns are they?

Quote:
or I do have a waiting list I'd be happy to add you to as well.
Assuming, note the word in assuming please , that shipping isn't too costly, I would love to be added to your waiting list.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #10
MerakiMisfits
Quote:
What color(s) and or patterns are they?

Assuming, note the word in assuming please , that shipping isn't too costly, I would love to be added to your waiting list.
The 2 girls are both pintos with regular masks, and the male is a cinnamon with a wide blaze. They were born January 22nd, so all three are ready to go home at any point!

Do you have an email address? I would be happy to send you pictures, and/or get a little information from you for the waiting list and for shipping. I'll definitely look into that more as well! Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!