Reptile Rookie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
smileybri
Reptile Rookie

Good morning, all!

My name is Bri and I am in search of an egg eating snake to add to our family. A family member of ours raises both finches and quail so we will have plenty of access to their meals. However, I have come up empty when it comes to finding an actual snake. I have looked on both Google and FaceBook. The only websites I am able to find them on are Underground Reptiles and Backwater Reptiles. I am most definitely uncomfortable with ordering from either of these sites as I have heard horror stories. I would prefer to buy one from a breeder that I know handles their snakes and makes sure they're in good health.

We currently have two dogs, three cats, two guinea pigs and three rats. My brothers had ball pythons when I was younger, but I have never actually owned a reptile of any kind! Our rats are pets so when we decided we wanted a reptile, we wanted to make sure that its diet would not include pinkies of any sort. While we think an egg eating snake would be ideal for our situation, I am definitely open for other suggestions. We would like something that eats either eggs or insects, has a decent life span (4-6 years), and doesn't mind being held. We are beginners so something easy too!

I look forward to learning more about reptiles and getting to know you guys!

Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you look at the classified section of this forum, you do see the genus Dasypeltis for sale, from time to time. I can post, some of the specimens for sale, if you want.

As for as species that eat insects, that encompasses many species. If you want a snake that eats insects, then, you will have far less choices.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!