Hi everyone!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
PotteryMarq
Talking Hi everyone!!!

My name is Susan and I have a female Ball Python and, today, a Red Western Hognose.
I have been waiting 2 months for my permit to arrive for my hoggie (I am naming her Tuna - short for Petunia)
Although I have been a herper for many years, I was not in a position to own one personally - until this year.

I visit snake road twice a year (for past 10 years) and visit local places regularly.
I am looking forward to chatting in the forums.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
smileybri
Hi, Susan! I'm new to the forum as well and have recently took a liking to herpetology. Hognoses are stunning and I'm loving the name you picked out for her! I'd never heard of Snake Road before but it's definitely a place I hope to visit now. Congrats on getting your hoggie! <3

Old 06-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
PotteryMarq
Thank you so much!!!!

Old 06-12-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Hi and Welcome to Fauna. Please hang around and enjoy the "show".

Many people love Python regius. Is your specimen wild type regarding phenotype or is he/she a colour mutation? One of my favorite snakes is Heterodon nasicus. I happen to prefer the wild type. But, the red and pinks are pretty darn cool too. Is your specimen the wild type or a colour mutation?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
PotteryMarq
Both of mine are wild type the morphs are cool, but I like the Natural type ones.
Both of mine are not skittish at all, which I am surprised because of the tendency for them to be.
My ball even ate regularly while she was in shed.
So they are healthy and I am happy.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #6
PotteryMarq
Here are some pics
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
That is very cool your Python regius ate, despite shedding. Since, they are notorious for being a picky eater, all the better! Your specimen is very attractive as well.

Your Heterodon nasicus is just so cute. What breeder or store did you get him/her from? I think they have an adorable face, don't you?

Thanks for sharing your photo's!

Old 06-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #8
PotteryMarq
I got her from Steve Sykes at Geckos Etc. They were amazing!!! I had to wait two months to take possession of her until my permit was approved. Steve and his team took care of her for the entire 2 months!

Old 06-14-2018, 01:42 AM   #9
theycallmeRP
Hi nice to meet everyone, I've read messages for a little while getting to know the site. My name is Ron. I live in California. I have an African Pancake Tortoise and a northern blue tongue skink.

I'm heading to the Repticon show in Pasadena this weekend.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #10
PotteryMarq
Hi Ron! Nice to meet you also!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!