Inquiry MOC Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #11
MOC REPTILES
There is not much to say about our business and what our true colors are. 99% of our customers have always been extremely happy.
The quality of the animals we sell are nothing less than exceptional. Whoever has been to our shop can see the love we provide on a daily basis to our animals, best lightings, everything fed here is organic, and the best possible quality in absolutely everything. OCD about it!!
We shop at wholefoods for the veggies and meats that our animals eat, and to feed our feeders... all our animals are CB, once in a while we do get some FB animals too, that we keep and treat separately.
You can buy directly from us, and we will guarantee you will be extremely happy with any animal you get from us.

Now, Rodolfo is one of ”those” customers.... we have all messages from him where he threatens us with negative feedbacks if we don’t refund him for an animal that died 100% due to his negligence.
After his negative feedbacks he started threatening with legal action.
And honestly we cannot care less, we are 100% on the right, and he has no case.
He is simply frustrated that he let his animal die.

This is the negative feedback he gave us on google and fb, followed by our reply:

Rodolfo Weis: Bought a leopard tortoise male and female. Female died within two weeks. Owner offered to sell me another at cost. Hopefully we can get this resolved.

MOC Reptiles: Rodolfo, you came to pick up the tortoises yourself. So you saw what flawless and perfect animals you were purchasing.
These animals were grown since tiny hatchlings for several years, had been under optimal care indoors, and they were thriving while they were with us. They would empty a large dish full of greens and carrots in a matter of minutes.
After 2 weeks they were under your care you wrote us that the female was not eating much. And that you were keeping them outdoors. We were experiencing temperatures in the 60s during those days during the day, in the 50s at night. Both day and night temperatures are way too low for pardalis, and they were exposed to those temperatures for 2 weeks. So we can see why that female had been loosing appetite, and most likely developed some health issues due to the cold temperatures.
In the wild they will dig deep tunnels to protect themselves from the winter weather, in captivity they usually don’t have that option. 5 days later you tell us the animal died, 18 days after she was under your care.
This is heartbreaking for such a beautiful animal we had been caring for a while.
But we cannot be responsible for this, no reptile business would ever refund you or replace an animal 18 days after purchase, especially when the animal was under the wrong husbandry.
The best we can do is to help you find another female and charge you whatever the wholesale cost is here, not interested in making any profits from this. We just want to help you because we hope one day you can breed pardalis. We have no problem with your 1 star rating at all, but is good to explain the truth here, people know about the quality of animals we sell already, and we are more than confident about this.
This is our business strength, not quantity but quality. We are a small business with few and some very rare animals. This enables us to become familiarised with each single animal we keep and breed, and make sure they all receive optimal care. It also makes it easy for us to see that they are all flawless, healthy and everything is under control .
We have grown a reputation for this.
So despite your rating, will still try to help you find a female pardalis, but it would be not fair towards our business to refund you or replace the animal for free.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #12
MOC REPTILES
There is not much to say about our business and what our true colors are. 99% of our customers have always been extremely happy.
The quality of the animals we sell are nothing less than exceptional. Whoever has been to our shop can see the love we provide on a daily basis to our animals, best lightings, everything fed here is organic, and the best possible quality in absolutely everything. OCD about it!!
We shop at wholefoods for the veggies and meats that our animals eat, and to feed our feeders... all our animals are CB, once in a while we do get some FB animals too, that we keep and treat separately.
You can buy directly from us, and we will guarantee you will be extremely happy with any animal you get from us.

Now, Rodolfo is one of “those” customers 🤦🏻♂️ ... we have all messages from him where he threatens us with negative feedbacks if we don’t refund him for an animal that died 100% due to his negligence.
After his negative feedbacks he started threatening with legal action.
And honestly we cannot care less, we are 100% on the right, and he has no case.
He is simply frustrated that he let his animal die.

This is the negative feedback he gave us on google and fb, followed by our reply:

Rodolfo Weis: Bought a leopard tortoise male and female. Female died within two weeks. Owner offered to sell me another at cost. Hopefully we can get this resolved.

MOC Reptiles: Rodolfo, you came to pick up the tortoises yourself. So you saw what flawless and perfect animals you were purchasing.
These animals were grown since tiny hatchlings for several years, had been under optimal care indoors, and they were thriving while they were with us. They would empty a large dish full of greens and carrots in a matter of minutes.
After 2 weeks they were under your care you wrote us that the female was not eating much. And that you were keeping them outdoors. We were experiencing temperatures in the 60s during those days during the day, in the 50s at night. Both day and night temperatures are way too low for pardalis, and they were exposed to those temperatures for 2 weeks. So we can see why that female had been loosing appetite, and most likely developed some health issues due to the cold temperatures.
In the wild they will dig deep tunnels to protect themselves from the winter weather, in captivity they usually don’t have that option. 5 days later you tell us the animal died, 18 days after she was under your care.
This is heartbreaking for such a beautiful animal we had been caring for a while.
But we cannot be responsible for this, no reptile business would ever refund you or replace an animal 18 days after purchase, especially when the animal was under the wrong husbandry.
The best we can do is to help you find another female and charge you whatever the wholesale cost is here, not interested in making any profits from this. We just want to help you because we hope one day you can breed pardalis. We have no problem with your 1 star rating at all, but is good to explain the truth here, people know about the quality of animals we sell already, and we are more than confident about this.
This is our business strength, not quantity but quality. We are a small business with few and some very rare animals. This enables us to become familiarised with each single animal we keep and breed, and make sure they all receive optimal care. It also makes it easy for us to see that they are all flawless, healthy and everything is under control .
We have grown a reputation for this.
So despite your rating, will still try to help you find a female pardalis, but it would be not fair towards our business to refund you or replace the animal for free.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #13
Imrod
Please post the messages. Also resorting to personal attacks shows your mental stability, not mine. I did threat you, there is no question. I paid top dollar for two Tortoises and they both died.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #14
Imrod
Also by the way, saying I'm going to leave negative feedback isn't so much a threat but rather what unhappy customers do. Check your Google feedback, I'm not the only one.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #15
MOC REPTILES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrod View Post
Please post the messages. Also resorting to personal attacks shows your mental stability, not mine. I did threat you, there is no question. I paid top dollar for two Tortoises and they both died.
Well, there is absolutely nothing we can do if you let her freeze, you can complain , threatten and insult as much as you want, but these are the facts... an animal that thrived and grew perfectly healthy for years, died in your hands after a few weeks. Those are the facts. You should be better prepared and informed about the species requirements next time you purchase an animal. End of the story

Old 08-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #16
Imrod
Francisco,
I keep many species of Tortoises, I didn't let them freeze, I'm not sure why you are saying that. Post the messages please, so they can see how I offered to pay for the necropsy and you say you're not getting your money back under any circumstance. Redfoots, brown mountains, pancakes, all kept successfully. Honestly I'm over the whole thing, I took the loss. Someone asked about their experience with you, I posted mine.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #17
elena
Rod, do you admit that you kept these animals outdoors when temperatures were down to 50 at times? That would explain a lot.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #18
elena
MOC, pleas post the correspondence since Rod can’t or won’t.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #19
MOC REPTILES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrod View Post
Also by the way, saying I'm going to leave negative feedback isn't so much a threat but rather what unhappy customers do. Check your Google feedback, I'm not the only one.
Well, that is what we were talking about... read the feedbacks and you tell us if those are mentally stable or just unhappy people who talk nonsense ... there will be always these kind of persons and like in any other business, we need to deal with that, but the descriptions of their feedbacks say it all 🤦🏻♂️ We will just keep doing our job the best way we can

Old 08-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #20
Imrod
Elena,
Absolutely not, I put them outside during the day when the sun was out, and brought them inside later on. By the way, these were also sold under the premise that they were raised in Florida and acclimated to Florida weather. I'm very conscious about what happens to Tortoises that come from Arizona to Florida or just different climates.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!