Brian Potter & Bob Ashley of NARBC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #1
Laura Fopiano
Thumbs up Brian Potter & Bob Ashley of NARBC

I usually don't post alot of info about shows or promoter's because in So Cal. we do not have a lot of choices, however, these gentle men diserve a little more than honorable mention. Brian and his staff went well out of their way to accommodate my club and his staff was always availbalbe to help with the even the smallest task.

I spoke with Bob Clark who has not attended a show in Ca. for 12 years and the list of vendor's was very impressive. Orange County can't wait to have you back!! For those who missed the show, it was quite an event that will not be forgotten for a very long time!! Kudo's guy's for a job well done!!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
miba8055
Thanks to the hosts and vendors!!!

I just wanted to say thank you for putting on the best show that I have ever been to. For the first time, I was able to see some of the big names in the business. I really hope that all of the vendors made money. Hopefully NARBC will be in Southern California next year. I was able to make a deal with Prehistoric Pets for a female pastel jungle. I was also very close to purchasing a female spider from Designersnakes. (Still kicking myself).

My rating of the show........Three thumbs up if I had an extra thumb.

Michael Ibanez

Old 09-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #3
mattjillson
Thumbs up The NARBC show ROCKED!!!

I must concure with the previous post. The NARBC show this weekend in Anaheim was by far the biggest and best show I have ever been to on the West Coast. I have never seen such an assortment of animals from low to the highest end possible - saw few 40-50K a piece animals! The promotors did an unbelievable job in the planning and execution of this show from set up to break down. Whatever problem there was no matter how small was handled in the utmost professional way and taken care of without complaint and immediately. I would say my only complaint was the heat, but I guess I'll have to appeal to a higher power on that, hahahaha. But seriously, if you missed the show this time around make a point of going next year because you'll see first hand without a doubt how great a reptile show can be in California when the promoters have their act together. Great buyers and awesome vendors - LOVED the "Reptiles By Mack" booth. Keep it up NARBC because this could be the equivalent to the Florida Breeders Expo in a short amount of time!!!!

Matt Jillson
The Chameleon Connection

Old 09-14-2004, 09:11 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I loved the show~ but the auction on Saturday night was the most fun! Don't give that man your phone number! LOL!!

If you skipped the Auction you missed the best part~ Next year stay for the Auction! Well worth

Old 09-14-2004, 10:13 PM   #5
evansnakes
I was not able to make it out to the California show, but I have been a vendor at the Chicago show and Philly show for years now and they are the best run and best promoted shows in the country. If you can make it out to the other two shows you will find them to be as impressive.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #6
Tony Bocanegra
On a scale of 1 to 10 this show was a 12. I'm normally in and out of the west coast shows in about an hour. With the NARBC show the time just seemed to slip away. I ended up staying for 5 hours and wanted to go back on Sunday. Strong work NARBC. Thanks for an awesome show.....Tony Bocanegra

Old 09-15-2004, 01:05 AM   #7
projectpardalis
I have to chime in here too. I was just about burned out on the normal shows we have been getting in Socal. The NARBC show in Anaheim was the best show by far. I even got the chance to meet and talk with a couple breeders that I had been wanting to meet. Definately a good show, can't wait for next year!

Dennis Scott

Old 09-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #8
sashley
Thanks Everybody

Just wanted to drop a THANK YOU note to all the wonderful attendees that came out to the 1st Annual NARBC in Anaheim.

We really appreciate everyones kind comments on the show. Aspecial THANK YOU to the Vendors for their support many of whom came from far far away , Florida, Texas, Arizona Ohio etc. Our own company ECO Wear ww.reptileshirts.com from Michigan , had a terrific chance to meet up with a huge new group of herpers. Sales were great and I can't wait to come back out the the west coast next year.

The auction as always , was a great time , Brian is the best auctioneer anywhere... we raised lots of $$$ for PIJAC and nearly split a gut laughing my head off. Everyone should come next year and stay overnight , the Hyatt is a very nice hotel and the Stafff there could not have been nicer

Getting ready for Chicago now ... then Philly

See you all there !

SHERI ASHLEY
ECO Herptetological Publishing & Distribution

www.reptileshirts.com
http://www.narbc.com

Old 09-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #9
Golden Gate Geckos
NARBC - California

From a vendor standpoint, I must say that the NARBC Show in Anaheim last weekend was the best show I have ever done. I'm not just speaking only of sales, but the show itself. These guys had Mark O'Shea from Animal Planet, Bill Love, Tell Hicks, and Philippe de Vosjoli there for both days. Reptiles Magazine sponsored a Friday Night pizza & beer ice-breaker for all the vendors and VIP guests, and just about everyone was there. Saturday evening there was an auction where the vendors donated something and all the proceeds went to PIJAC. I donated a patternless x albino, and a bottle of Golden Gate Chardonnay which went for $190! It was a total BLAST!!!

From an attendee's standpoint, it was a little inconvenient because there was 2 separate convention rooms... each at opposite ends of the Hyatt Regency, but I think that was the only drawback. NARBC did not anticipate the number of vendors that would sign up, and opened the second room in order to accommodate everyone. The admission was a little steep.. $15, but it allowed for both days. The turnout was fantastic!

My personal highlights were meeting and speaking with Philippe de Vosjoli at length, having a great time with Mark O'Shea (he's a real kick-in-the-pants), enjoying a buffet breakfast with Julie from Gecko Ranch, and having Jeff Barringer from Kingsnake as my neighbor directly across from my booth. It was a real treat to meet so many posters from here on Fauna!

Something interesting though... a young boy about 13 years old (voice hasn't changed yet...) wanted to purchase my highest-end SHTCTB for a LOT less than his price tag, and confidently stated he was a leopard gecko breeder. He said, "Maybe you have heard of me... I'm the owner of Sunset Geckos." jeeeze....

It was a GREAT show... I'll be back!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 11:29 PM   #10
The Reptile House
I agree 100%

It was really nice to see you again Laura! I am a vender as well but the shows we can vend at depends on when my mother-in-law can babysit my 2 kids so we are limited right now on the shows we can attend. Being a vender(or even just a customer) and getting the chance to speek(in person) to some of the top breeders was a real treat!! This by far was the best show I have ever attended and I really hope they do come back next year so I can vend at that one. One day we will go to Florida to see the shows there. Mark O' Shea cracked me up taking pics in his bare feet and was the kindest gentelman! Seeing some of those 40-50K reptiles was a real treat as well especially the 20K Albino Red Foot that Bob Clark had, man was that impressive!! Please come back next year NARBC!!

Shanell Sepulveda-The Reptile House- Orange California

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!