Angolans - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
alittlefree
Angolans

Does anyone here keep/have experience with Angolans?

I've become really interested in them recently and have done some reading up on them but I can't find all that much information on them aside from the basics.

From what I've heard, it seems like they're similar to balls husbandry and anatomy-wise, somewhat larger, but with a more RTB type personality in regards to being less stressed, more curious, and better eaters. Can anyone vouch for this?

I'm looking into getting one in the future, probably not for a while though. I was just hoping some of you might be able to share any thoughts/opinions/experiences you have had with the species and any tips.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Herpranch
RE: Angloans

I know this is late but I have just gotten into the Angolans for the last year. I was told by several that Balls a lot of the time do not like to take FFT food items. I like the Angolans and in my observation of them they do seem to be more adventurous and curious. Never been bitten even by feed response. But, I do feed FFT and drop the feed item in so they don't need to strike their food. I love their pattern. Reminds me of the Southern Rock Python or the Indian Python from the side. Time will tell. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
hadenglock
Angolan python care is pretty much like ball python care. I cant vouch on their temperment, but keeping them is as easy as keeping a ball. I dont think they get much bigger than a ball python, but if you really like em, go for it, theyve only recently in the past couple of years become more and more common now, most of them are captive bred, and they are overall just something new to work with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!