Why all the drama????? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
Maybe you should have been a bit more specific about who were referring to.
Because I am not the only one who was mistaken about your post.
It seems to be happening all around. It didn't need to be a specific pair of people or an individual.

I clarified that I was not talking about Tony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
That's not what I'm talking about. That has it's own ongoing thread and it can stay there as far as I'm concerned.
It doesn't seem that you even read my second post even know you partially quoted me with your first response.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
homegrownherps
I read your posts, no where does it mention this not about Tony. So I simply misunderstood what you were going for here.

But in response to you original post....
If people stop supporting the promoters that are "hindering the business/hobby" they will either go away or do the right thing.

I used to hear all sorts of bad dealings w/ one promoter - I did his show twice a year and people would ask me why ??
I told them regardless of what is being said, unless it affected me directly ... I would continue to do the show. And once it effected me ( and it did ) I no longer did that show.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
KathyLove
I have to say...

that it is sad and counter productive when promoters let their egos go wild and try to use vendors as pawns in their wars.

I am happy that the cornsnake breeding community seems much more cooperative and I see very little of that kind of posturing in our group. If several of the major corn breeders acted like some of the show promoters, I like to think they would be shunned by our community, or at least the online community, which tends to communicate with each other more than those not online. If not, I probably would have burned out long ago, as I think the people involved are half the fun of being in the hobby / business. I have heard that there is not that kind of unity in some of the high end boa/python communities, but I can really only speak for our own group. Too bad promoters and everyone else can't enjoy each other's company and actually help each other out now and then like we (corn breeders) tend to do. I have sent customers to other breeders when I can't help them, and they have done the same for me. It helps all of us in the long run, and I have had customer comments about how impressed they are with our "community spirit". In the long term, it would be in everyone's best interest to treat each other in a similar way. Of course, if there was a particular breeder (or breeders) who treated me like dirt, then of course I would not bend over backwards to help them either, lol! I guess a lot of herp business people don't think in the long term.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:13 AM   #14
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
I read your posts, no where does it mention this not about Tony.
My second post (post #5 on this thread) in reply to Audry I did just that. I’m sorry if it wasn’t clear enough for you to understand my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLove
I have to say that it is sad and counter productive when promoters let their egos go wild and try to use vendors as pawns in their wars.
I am happy that the cornsnake breeding community seems much more cooperative and I see very little of that kind of posturing in our group. If several of the major corn breeders acted like some of the show promoters, I like to think they would be shunned by our community, or at least the online community, which tends to communicate with each other more than those not online. If not, I probably would have burned out long ago, as I think the people involved are half the fun of being in the hobby / business. I have heard that there is not that kind of unity in some of the high end boa/python communities, but I can really only speak for our own group. Too bad promoters and everyone else can't enjoy each other's company and actually help each other out now and then like we (corn breeders) tend to do. I have sent customers to other breeders when I can't help them, and they have done the same for me. It helps all of us in the long run, and I have had customer comments about how impressed they are with our "community spirit". In the long term, it would be in everyone's best interest to treat each other in a similar way. Of course, if there was a particular breeder (or breeders) who treated me like dirt, then of course I would not bend over backwards to help them either, lol! I guess a lot of herp business people don't think in the long term.
That's what I'm talking about Kathy. I'd say maybe it's just a corn breeder thing but I've seen a few acting badly as well, and as I've said it makes us all look bad when a few act like this. If I had someone come to my table looking for a specific corn and I didn't have it I would point them at another vendor's table if I saw that they had what was being sought. I would do this not in hopes the other vendor would reciprocate but to help out a fellow herper, be it the other vendor or the person looking. We are a community and I just can't understand why it's so hard to get along.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!