♦ 100% Het Caramel on 8 From Mojo Poss Het Caramel & YB Males - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Amelanistic Orca
♦ 100% Het Caramel on 8 From Mojo Poss Het Caramel & YB Males

Well, after being so 'jelly' of everybody else and their egg shots, ovulating females, and heads pippin'... lol.. I finally got a litter to look after in '12, after breeding heavily with 20 females for 10 months... (It's tuff being honest...)

This gal hasn't produced a Caramel since '07 so I figured, forget it.... She's going to codoms from here on out. The male Mojo she went to is still a slim chance at Het Caramel.. It'll never happen with my poor luck, but it could happen on some Mojo Caramels.

Either way, Maternal Incubation on this kid on top of damp Newspaper. I'll update this thread over the next 50 something days with some progress shots. Have a great rest of 2012 everybody!
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Matt2979
Best of luck, Tom!! I hope you hit some (nice) surprising odds!!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Best of luck, Tom!! I hope you hit some (nice) surprising odds!!
I kinda feel like I'm due some good odds, but, I've never been lucky with breeding's! Thanks for the well wishes though!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
snakemansnakes
Good luck man! Hope you get surprised on this one. You deserve it.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Amelanistic Orca
In the end...

Towards the end of this little journey. Lost one early on, bummer.

Today is day 50, according to my worthless records, and these two wanted out I see....

One is a nice little YB 50% Poss. Het Caramel Female; I'm 'ok' with that, seeing as I just lost a nice Adult Female YB for a Phantom Het Ghost Female. It's something to replace the missing link.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
snakejems reptiles
good luck tom,, hope u hit the gold mine on that morph,, also why dont u take eggs and put them in bator, i know it what they do in the wild, but u can control temps better and get female back on food quicker.. just a thought and for me alot more worries and could be more issues on both sides...i know u been doing this alot time this way and had good results and some bad...is it the nature thing and saves u alot of work....just my two cents and asking opinions.....congrats on them thou, please keep us updated....

Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
Amelanistic Orca
I guess I shoulda mentioned that the other 5 are fine and probably gonna start inching out in the next day or so.

I have an Incubator, 3 actually, I build Incubator's, I just don't trust or like 'em that much, after what I have been through in the past with them. These two are in one now that they are born.. lol

I knew a guy, who knows a guy that has been dewen this for 40 years.. It's best in the long run if you run this route. Definitely scary at first, last year was my first year doing this myself, it took 4 years to convince myself to step up to the plate..

As for Momma; Momma hops off the eggs to smash rats every two weeks like this. So no issues there.. She also is a pro and this is a back to back litter for her.. Like a complete Champion she has pulled this off, again, and in a row.

Honestly, once you get past the 'fear factor' of doing this, you're on your way to success with it.... It's all hearsay and garble what they "say" about Maternal Inc. for the most part. And..... That is straight from the Horse's mouth, at the water source, inviting you on over and in, the waters fine! lol.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
snakejems reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I guess I shoulda mentioned that the other 5 are fine and probably gonna start inching out in the next day or so.

I have an Incubator, 3 actually, I build Incubator's, I just don't trust or like 'em that much, after what I have been through in the past with them. These two are in one now that they are born.. lol

I knew a guy, who knows a guy that has been dewen this for 40 years.. It's best in the long run if you run this route. Definitely scary at first, last year was my first year doing this myself, it took 4 years to convince myself to step up to the plate..

As for Momma; Momma hops off the eggs to smash rats every two weeks like this. So no issues there.. She also is a pro and this is a back to back litter for her.. Like a complete Champion she has pulled this off, again, and in a row.

Honestly, once you get past the 'fear factor' of doing this, you're on your way to success with it.... It's all hearsay and garble what they "say" about Maternal Inc. for the most part. And..... That is straight from the Horse's mouth, at the water source, inviting you on over and in, the waters fine! lol.
thanks for the chat and experience, i may have to try this on a female that is big and with a low dollar clutch, to gain faith,, maybe it will work out for me too and i can do both ways...

Old 07-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #9
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakejems View Post
thanks for the chat and experience, i may have to try this on a female that is big and with a low dollar clutch, to gain faith,, maybe it will work out for me too and i can do both ways...
It's a trip for sure... A good one. Hit me when you're getting into the thick stuff.. I make a heckuva wingman.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
FireStorm
Congrats on the babies! And, thanks for all the maternal incubation pointers. We've hatched 2 healthy maternally incubated clutches so far this year. The only things in my incubator are a few stubborn roll outs and one clutch that mom wouldn't sit on. I don't think I would've been brave enough to leave all the clutches with females without some moral support, lol. It seems to work well though, the babies are doing great

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!