Bad Guy "Superior Balls and Dragons"/Linda and Mark Carson - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
orchidfern
"Superior Balls and Dragons"/Linda and Mark Carson

On December 21, 2018 I placed a hold on an albino adult female Western Hognose from Superior Balls and Dragons via Morph Market (original listing is in the photos). I placed a $100 deposit via Venmo, and then I paid the remaining $450 + PayPal fees via PayPal on December 28, 2018.

Unfortunately, I have been affected by the ongoing issue with Joe Schmidt and crypto. (See: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=678991) I have one hognose from him which is showing symptoms, and another hognose showing symptoms as well. (I am currently waiting for lab results)

Before I was told the snake shipped, I emailed Superior Balls and Dragons to try to cancel the transaction as it is not safe to bring any new additions into my home at the moment. Unfortunately they had already shipped her.

We had a slight miscommunication regarding the shipping, so the snake was shipped much sooner than I expected but I was able to work that out and received the snake with no problems. Unfortunately once I unpacked the snake, I immediately noticed that her tail is very swollen past her vent.

I emailed Superior Balls and Dragons to ask about the swelling and I was told "I have no idea what happened to her tail, it was not like that when I put her in the box." (entire convo is in photos) I did NOT notice the swelling on her tail on the original post because it was covered, and I did not think to ask for additional photos.

They do not want to take the snake back, which I fully understand, but I would like to receive a partial refund because the snake was falsely represented and I was never informed about this health issue.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
orchidfern
Emails
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
orchidfern
part 2 of emails
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #4
orchidfern
payments
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
orchidfern
Morph market listing
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #6
Beyond GenetiX
If you look close enough, you can see that it is swollen in the picture that they posted on MM. That is disgusting to say the least, I don’t understand how people can get by with this. I’m sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #7
Beyond GenetiX
I also want to mention/ask, isn’t it Lisa Carson?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #8
Skinker
How convenient that the swollen area is almost entirely obstructed in their ad picture. If you look closely though, you can still see where it begins to bow out. That snake was far from perfect when put in the box and if they're really concerned about crypto, they should simply issue a full refund and let you keep the animal. Seems to me they're just using that as an excuse to deny the return of a purposefully misrepresented snake.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidfern View Post

They do not want to take the snake back, which I fully understand, but I would like to receive a partial refund because the snake was falsely represented and I was never informed about this health issue.
You have been honest and forthcoming about the crypto issue, I am sorry you are dealing with it but you are certainly dealing with the issue in an ethical manner.
It is in no way your fault, either, that you are having to deal with two sellers at one time that have sent you animals that should not have been sent.
I think you are due a complete refund. No one could have overlooked a swelling of that nature.

It seems that an outgoing snake bag is one of the most dangerous places in the world for a snake. It is just amazing how many snakes that are allegedly perfect when they go into a bag emerge with illnesses and horrible injuries.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #10
Robert Walker
I just sent Mark & Lisa a PM letting them know about this thread.
Fauna Account: mcarson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!