Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 109 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:47 PM   #1081
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
For people wondering what was in the video, it really wasn't anything. It was a Storeria in a rack system that comes shooting out of the tub. It falls 2-3 feet to the floor, she picks it up and it thrashes around a bit like they do, and comes back out on the lip. I wouldn't call it tormenting really, just a snake that pops out faster than you can catch it.
I also meant to write here that it's probably not worth going after her for, other than using questionable judgement in posting it online. Bigger battles to fight and bigger lessons to learn.

If she is in CT though, it is my understanding (through the CT DEEP website) that collecting native wildlife is against the law. It is probably pretty likely that this animal wasn't captive bred.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #1082
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
Not to mention that she gets another snake from the place that she got the IBD one from (as she stated earlier in this thread I believe) and this one also dies, on the way home, and its never mentioned here? Or did I miss something?
That was my point. I never saw that one mentioned previously so it made me wonder.

She has PM'd me asking for advice on treating an RI and the process of having a lung wash/culture done. I have no problem helping her as I want her to continue to learn, and don't want her animals suffering nor her going through the pain of loss. I just wish she would take to heart the other advice she has been given by so many in this hobby. She frustrates me because she IS a very intelligent young woman and would have SO much potential if she stopped letting her ego, stubbornness, and pride get in the way. :-/

Old 05-05-2015, 03:02 AM   #1083
HerpVenue
I feed my boas every week. I have been doing it for years to both babies and adults. None of them have suffered organ failure as a result of weekly feeding. Where she got that information from is beyond me. Did she just make it up? Her animals died. She never got a necropsy on anything. all of a sudden she became a veterinarian and was able to diagnose a snake that was not in her possession?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #1084
CombatWombat
Wow, I really had hope that she was going to turn herself around and get on the right path. She had so much promise if she put her ego behind her. Only so much we can do.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #1085
snakesareawesome
I live in CT, many native species are legal to keep here. There are limits on a few like the eastern hognose. I suspect most public land does forbid collecting. To be honest, there's not much in the stat worth collecting so I doubt they have much need to worry lol

Old 05-07-2015, 05:15 AM   #1086
Pink Lady Exotics
CT state statute:

Quote:
CONNECTICUT GEN. STAT. §26-55 - Permit for importing, introducing into state, possessing or liberating live fish, wild birds, wild mammals, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.

No person shall import or introduce into the state, or possess or liberate therein, any live fish, wild bird, wild mammal, reptile, amphibian or invertebrate unless such person has obtained a permit therefor from the commissioner provided nothing in this section shall be construed to require such permit for any primate species that weighs not more than fifty pounds at maturity that was imported or possessed in the state prior to October 1, 2003. Such permit may be issued at the discretion of the commissioner under such regulations as the commissioner may prescribe.
The penalty for possessing illegal wildlife without an approved permit per the above statute is a Class C Misdemeanor with a fine up to $1,000 plus removal and disposal of the illegal animal.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #1087
BillZ
I guess there is always the possibility that she has the proper permits, if any are required that is.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #1088
Snake-Queen
I can say that she has everyone who has posted in this thread blocked on FB. LOL
I only know this because we happened to be in the same FB group.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:36 PM   #1089
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I can say that she has everyone who has posted in this thread blocked on FB. LOL
I only know this because we happened to be in the same FB group.
Not me but I didn't ride her like others did. I see her post now and again or comment on fb. Not that I would ever do business with her after this anyways, and I'm just not into ball pythons like that. I have one but that's it lol the rest are boas.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #1090
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Not me but I didn't ride her like others did. I see her post now and again or comment on fb. Not that I would ever do business with her after this anyways, and I'm just not into ball pythons like that. I have one but that's it lol the rest are boas.
I have a few BPs, but would never buy from her & really could care less if I am blocked or not. My main focus is boas and other pythons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!