Bad Guy Beware Evan Stahl from Stahl Reptiles! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #71
hhmoore
Evan stated earlier that, due to a loss in cold weather shipping, a decision was made not to risk the animals. Even if it isn't posted in his terms, I can respect that.
As far the "no refund policy" and reposting the animals for sale - both were at least reasonably common practices no too awfully long ago. The problem with No Refunds is that, if the seller isn't going to ship the animal, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on. The bit about reselling prior to refunding was based on the idea that the animal could/would have sold & been shipped if this (generic, not THIS) buyer hadn't claimed it. Sometimes it is realistic, sometimes not...but it sort of has a punitive feel to it, IMO. That fact aside, delays in refunds are not unheard of in the business world; particularly when it comes to online transactions. Just in companies I've interacted with in the past several months, I've noted time frames ranging from 7 - 60 days after cancellation of the order/return of the product.

(There is another subject that I have been tempted to address, but - even after having started it twice - I find that I don't want to take that path...unless it gets brought up by others, lol)

Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #72
jmp745
Sometimes these threads really just have me wondering what people are thinking.
First, any talk of the weather is a waste of time in my eyes. Its irrelevant. Old news. The one and only thing that matters right now is that he has the money, and the buyer has nothing. Thats it. Simple. If he doesn't have the money to give back, then that is the biggest mistake made here. Is the seller saying he wouldn't have been able to pay his bills that month without the 800? Or he decided to go blow it on something else entirely? Either way, this is not the buyers problem. Keeping even the deposit would be disgusting in my eyes at this point. The day the $800 came back after the seller won the paypal dispute, it should have been sent back willfully. You cant say the sale was done, so they are getting the snakes, but I posted the snakes for sale again, in the same breath. At a minimum, once the decision to repost the snakes for sale was made, the money should have went back.
I dont even buy snakes, but if I did, I'd be avoiding this seller like the plague. The completely rude attitude of being in charge is pretty hilarious, but not something I would put up with from anybody for any reason.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #73
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
This!

I do feel bad that Sierra paid $800 and didn't get instant gratification. Evan hasn't held those snakes hostage though. The weather needed to be better.

What muddied the h2o was Sierra then deciding to file PayPal claims without communicating to Evan that she was upset and going to ask paypal for $ back for not getting them fast enough.

Evans TOS may not be for everyone, but they are HIS TERMS, and she agreed to them when she sent her deposit. When she first filed for a PayPal return, Evan could have told her to kick rocks, but he didn't. He did tell her she would have to wait because she initiated the process.

Bottom line, (I feel) is that Evan told her he would give her a refund, even if technically she wasn't entitled to one. To me, that doesn't scream bad seller.

In Sierra's defense, wanting to immediately get what you paid for isn't a bad thing. Unreasonable? Perhaps. Next time around wait for spring. In this hobby, we all play the winter waiting game.
The problem here isn't that she didn't get instant gratification.

It's that he put her snakes back up for sale and still didn't refund her money.

It's also that he spent her money and CAN'T pay her back until he sells those snakes.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #74
Teatime
It would be interesting if this case did get taken to court, and I certainly hope that Sierra does go that route if she doesn't get her money. I don't think "no refund" policies are applicable if the item never even left the seller's possession. That would be very ridiculous. The decision for when to ship is all in the seller's control, at his discretion. Therefore, the buyer really isn't guilty of anything here except being impatient... "Buyer's remorse" doesn't really apply unless you actually SEND her the snakes that she paid for. You don't get to just keep her money. That is stealing.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #75
ShadowAceD
I'm confused as to where people are getting the idea Evan is refunding her nothing. He said, in his mind, she does not deserve a refund, but she is getting it anyway. I'm pretty sure he is giving back the non-refundable deposit as well. It's just no instant, he said he is waiting for payments to clear on the BPs he has resold.

He should never have spent the money prior to shipping, no, but it does not change a bad buyer being a bad buyer either. There are faults on both end.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #76
evansnakes
I really find it amazing that not one person has anything to say about this awesome buyer trying to steal from me!!! How awesome that she emailed me and pressured me to ship after she had filed for a refund through paypal without telling me??? Nobody thinks that that is bullshit?? No she is awesome right? Then on top of that people are still talking 3 pages later about me not refunding her, not refunding her fees, not refunding her deposit, etc., etc., WHEN I HAVE CLEARLY SAID MULTIPLE TIMES THAT AS SOON AS MY PENDING PAYMENT WITH PAYPAL POSTS TO MY ACCOUNT I AM REFUNDING 100% OF THE MONIES THAT SHE SENT ME!!! IS that clear enough now???

She demanded both a refund and the animals shipped while paypal was holding the money. I just got the money back to me recently and it was partially taken by automated bill payments.; That is the issue. There is absolutely no way that I could know if and or when paypal would rule in her favor or mine and absolutley no way that I could know when they would put the money back in my account! That is the problem. You guys keep beating a dead horse saying that I spent her money? You dont understand paypal then, do you? When she paid $800 to me via paypal, only $776 went to my account due to fees paypal charges! So that means that I never had $800 and I was always short of the full amount in my account. Understand? Paypal states that investigations on claims can take 30-90 days so there was absolutely no reason for me to think the money would be put back in my account less than two weeks after she filed disputes. All of the problems with this transaction have been because the buyer lies and tells two different stories. Also, if you read the emails, she told me to resell the animals and refund her money. It was not my idea or game plan. I am tired of being disrespected by people who know nothing about me other than what one of the absolute shittiest customers I have ever had to deal with says on here. You may like me or not like me but I sell quality animals and I do not rip people off. So how about you stop wasting time flogging a dead horse and in a couple business days when she gets refunded I will post it here as I know she will not.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #77
ShadowAceD
Evan, I did not want to quote your post at risk of not catching all the vulgarity to censor out, but you will be infracted for the vulgarity, which could lead to a ban.

I know the situation is frustrating for you, but losing your cool and throwing vulgarity around is about the worse thing you can do.

Some people are not reading that you are refunding her, I am not sure why. Just relax, get her the money when it comes in and be done with it.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #78
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post

I know the situation is frustrating for you, but losing your cool and throwing vulgarity around is about the worse thing you can do.
This has ever been his weakness. Combined with what seems to be just a plain old pigheaded meanness, sometimes not always, and you get even.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #79
evansnakes
I am sorry if it is an issue I did not think that bs was a "vulgarity" and I did not name call which I thought was the issue with swearing. Rich has always said that this was a board meant for adult usage. If I did still break the rules I am sorry, It was not my intention. I am very tired though of having to post something 10 times and still have people post that I am saying or doing something to the contrary. It is ridiculous.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #80
evansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
This has ever been his weakness. Combined with what seems to be just a plain old pigheaded meanness, sometimes not always, and you get even.
And why when you are not involved in any transactions with me do you come to every post about me good or bad and take shots at me for over a decade now? I would certainly turn the spotlight right back on you and say that you have a massive ego, you are petty and are one of the meanest and consistently insulting people who trolls this board.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!