Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
Baileykm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm sorry...I understand the position you were in, but shipping the snake back in that manner - given your description - was just looking for a problem. IF the snake absolutely had to be sent back, (IMO) you should have frozen it, and packed it in a manner that would ensure that it stayed frozen...some odor control may still have been in order, since it started out stinking, but it's a lot easier to manage when the thing isn't leaking fluids and decomposing in the box.

I don't know Andrew Potts any better than I know Kevin Bailey; but refusing to address this situation until the corpse is returned doesn't make a lot of sense. I can accept his wanting the snake returned...though most of the legitimate reasons for it would be nullified by the time he would have received the corpse (and freezing it, per my previous statement, would have been detrimental if necropsy, or other research, had been planned). Promptly sent pictures that clearly identified the snake and showed it as deceased should have been enough to start the process of taking care of the customer; if he still wanted the body, that is easy enough to arrange.

From my understanding (this came from Andrew) freezing it and dethawing them makes them smell much much worse. I had it in the freezer initially then he called me and told me to do the refrigerator. It makes sense because when animal cells are frozen they burst and when all the tissue dethaws and is damaged from freezing it actually speeds the process up of decomposition. Now as far as the smell goes I figured a can of coffee grounds would have worked. They tend to mask the smell better then any baking soda or carbon filter I have seen.

Now overnighting the snake was 75 dollars and jumped up to over 150 to get it there a few hours earlier. I dont even want to think about how much keeping the snake frozen would have cost to ship.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
Baileykm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie92479 View Post
wow...why would he want you to ship a dead snake back???? a little fishy to me...why not take a pic or video and send it to him and be done with it....also good luck filing a claim with the shipping company...99.9999999 percent of the time they will not do anything in regards to "live" shipments.....I have been through this one many times...good luck...I hope you get your money back ....

Matthew Miller
It is not the shipping company I want my money from, it is Andrew Potts who is holding onto my money and not returning it as he refuses to do any business until he gets his snake back.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
barbie
I would have to say i agree 100%! The proof was given emedietly by the customer in a timely matter. Proffesionaly speaking i would never ask a customer to send back a corps, considering he opened the package and called emediatly taking pics and video shows his honesty and also the integrity of the package. I believe a refund or replacement is in order.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileykm View Post
Now overnighting the snake was 75 dollars and jumped up to over 150 to get it there a few hours earlier. I dont even want to think about how much keeping the snake frozen would have cost to ship.
It would have been a whole lot cheaper than doubling your payment to get it there First Overnight...and it would have been money better spent, since the thawed, stinky snake was deemed undeliverable.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Baileykm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
It would have been a whole lot cheaper than doubling your payment to get it there First Overnight...and it would have been money better spent, since the thawed, stinky snake was deemed undeliverable.
Haha true story. Hind sight is a mofo.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #26
hadenglock
So wait, you didnt even refridgerate the body when you found it dead? Also is your friend who determined the time of death even qualified to make that accusation? Imo it sounds like your problem should be with fed ex and not andrew. Him wanting the body returned is pretty typical for breeders, not to mention it is physical evidence that the snake is dead.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
barbie
Did you see the pictures. Thier is no doubt the snake is dead!! Kevins problem is with andrew (andrew needs to solve it) and andrews problem is with the shipping company (shipping needs tobe solved it with andrews shipping co.). It is the always the shippers responsibilty if it happens in transit, its just good business ethics. Now if Kevin would not have been thier to sign for the package and would not have openned it right away it would have fallen back on him (kevin), BUT every thing was done right on kevins end. SO it falls back on the person who shipped it (andrew)

Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #28
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie View Post
Did you see the pictures. Thier is no doubt the snake is dead!! Kevins problem is with andrew (andrew needs to solve it) and andrews problem is with the shipping company (shipping needs tobe solved it with andrews shipping co.). It is the always the shippers responsibilty if it happens in transit, its just good business ethics. Now if Kevin would not have been thier to sign for the package and would not have openned it right away it would have fallen back on him (kevin), BUT every thing was done right on kevins end. SO it falls back on the person who shipped it (andrew)

Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
So wait, you didnt even refridgerate the body when you found it dead? Also is your friend who determined the time of death even qualified to make that accusation? Imo it sounds like your problem should be with fed ex and not andrew. Him wanting the body returned is pretty typical for breeders, not to mention it is physical evidence that the snake is dead.
If an animal is delivered on time and is DoA, it is the general responsibility of the seller, not the shipping company unless there is obvious signs of neglect by the shipping company. The guarantee of live arrival is just that, a guarantee of live arrival. If it arrives dead, for whatever reason, but is on time, the box is in tact and the packaging undisturbed, it is the seller's responsibility to do something for it.

Also, it appears you did not look at the photos. That snake is most certainly dead and displays deterioration that is difficult to obtain in so short a period of time without being subjected to extreme heat.

Wanting the body returned after seeing photos like that is absurd, in my honest opinion. If Andrew wanted the body, he should have paid for it to be packaged with dry ice or for the shipping in general. Mr. Pott's has been doing this for quite some time so I am a bit blown away by the entire situation as a whole.

Still, I would like to see original files of the photos to check the EXIF data as the way they are uploaded on the file storage site prohibits me from doing so.

Either way, Andrew clearly acknowledged there was an issue seeing as he wanted the animal's body, so his refusal for a refund is a bit odd. Of course, there could always be a part of the story missing.

Kevin, do you have photos of the animal before it was sent to you?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #30
reptilebaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post

I've NEVER been asked to send a dead body back, EVER. Son't see how it's a common practice to ask for the body back when pictures are plenty of evidence. And Andrew is holding onto his money not fed ex. The snake was dead on arrival. Andrew owes him a refund or new snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!