Stolen World: A Tale of Reptiles, Smugglers, and Skulduggery - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
ForkedTung
Stolen World: A Tale of Reptiles, Smugglers, and Skulduggery

New Book:
http://www.amazon.com/Stolen-World-R...8&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Details Hank Molt and Tom Crutchfield...
Sound similar to The Lizard King ( which is supposed to be made into a movie), an interesting read as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Lizard-King-Pa...ref=pd_sim_b_4

Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
telefrag
I was captivated by it, I got my copy last friday and had a hard time putting it down.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
jimoo
I liked the Lizard King. I've ordered this. I understand it is pretty different from the LK.

Looking forward to it.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Nick & Chelsea
$19.95 on sale at Borders. I was looking at it, and almost bought it, but decided to check out reviews first. Thanks, you guys have me convinced now, so I suppose I'll be grabbing one in the next few days. I'll let you know my own oppinion once

Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
cobraman1
From what i understand, This book is full of lies and slander. The books is meant to make the reptile industy look bad. Its more of an animal rights activist side of the industy, but with a lot of extra BS inside.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
jimoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
From what i understand, This book is full of lies and slander. The books is meant to make the reptile industy look bad. Its more of an animal rights activist side of the industy, but with a lot of extra BS inside.

From what you understand? You've read it and then researched the claims made in the book and determined that on your own?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

I just finished the book and enjoyed the read. Knowing most of the people in it certainly helped.

She certainly nailed down the personalities of all involved from my perspective.

I knew about most of the scenarios portrayed in the book so I didn't notice anything that was fabricated.

One of our members here...Randall Berry is involved and has a role in the book.

Maybe he can comment.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
cobraman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimoo View Post
From what you understand? You've read it and then researched the claims made in the book and determined that on your own?
No, I have heard what Tom Crutchfield has said about it. Appearently he gave jennie smith a lot of his own personal info and she twisted it all around to make people and the hobby look bad.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
jimoo
Well, I'm sure Tom Crutchfield is being objective

I don't understand people not taking the time to come to their own conclusions and to think for themselves. I also do not understand people that there are bad people in this and most every hobby and profession and hiding that helps no one; certainly not the hobby in question.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #10
cobraman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimoo View Post
Well, I'm sure Tom Crutchfield is being objective

I don't understand people not taking the time to come to their own conclusions and to think for themselves. I also do not understand people that there are bad people in this and most every hobby and profession and hiding that helps no one; certainly not the hobby in question.
And if I do buy and read the book just to find out that what others have said is true, then all I did is support the author by buying the book. I have read several reviews from other reptile sites and herpers to believe what they say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!