"Customer Service".... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
DAND
"Customer Service"....

...or lack there of. I recently had troubles with a carrier who at first couldn't tell where my 7 packages were located. I arrived to pick them up as the online tracking stated they were "ready for pick up". I arrive, stand around for close to an hour while two trucks are being loaded-unloaded only to find out it was for naught. After numerous calls to other parts of the facility to locate my packages I was still empty handed.

Now we get to the 1-800 customer service aspect of this fun ride. Well they assured me that my packages did indeed leave Detroit and they had arrived here. After the clerk and I both spoke to them they said they could only guess they missed that flight and should be on the next one. So all I had to do was wait a few more hours.

Well, that didn't happen. So back to calling customer service. Well this time it turns out I found a woman that could obviously do her job. She located my packages in Illinois and assured me the online tracking would be updated and that my packages would arrive tomorrow via two different flights of which she provided me the flight numbers for. She assured me that she was going to be putting all the info on the desks of two different girls who would be in, in the morning.

Well to the morning and the lack of update for the online tracking and my third call to customer service. Oh joy, now this dingbat tells me she has no idea what I am talking about and that there was nothing left on her desk. So I ask to speak to a supervisor. I am told there isn't one being Saturday morning and their limited crew. Frustrated, I get off the phone.

One thing that can be said about me is that I am persistent so I call right back to get the supervisors name, direct number and ask when would be a good time to call back. I am asked to hold and all of sudden there is a supervisor.

I have no idea how this woman could have gotten to the position of supervisor after speaking (or at least attempting to speak) to her. She was interruptive to the point that I couldn't even finish a single sentence. Well I tried speaking over her and I was told I was yelling at her. I assured her that if I were yelling she would definitely know it. I was merely speaking over her in an attempt to stop her interruptions. This continued over and over again and she then all of a sudden hangs up on me after telling me she will not be yelled at.

So I call back and ask to speak to the supervisor who had just hung up on me. She gets back on the line and I ask her who her supervisor is and she tells me she doesn't have one. I informed her that she was not God and that I wanted the name and direct number of her supervisor, NOW.

She is now seeming to want to help me but is still interrupting my every sentence. I point this out to her each time she does it and she laughs when I do it. She eventually said, "we are on the phone so how am I supposed to now when you have finished talking?" I tell her that if there is sound coming through the phone, that is when she is supposed to be listening and her mouth should remain shut until the sound stops.

After a number of attempts to finish a single sentence I finally got so frustrated I just said "Carol have a nice day" and I hung up. Oddly enough, that was the only sentence she did not interrupt.

The packages arrived finally with damage to two which caused loss/escape from those boxes and loss (death) of a portion of my order.

Here we are on Monday and I am waiting for 9:00 am Central time to call her supervisor. I wonder how this chapter will play out. I'll update later.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
WJS Herps
I cannot wait to hear how this turned out.

One of the reasons I detest phones and "customer no-service."

Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS Herps View Post
I cannot wait to hear how this turned out.

One of the reasons I detest phones and "customer no-service."
Well, I talked to the Supervisor yesterday (though she did not return my call/message from Saturday and I had to call her) and I was rather confident that the (Lead not Supervisor) that was the pleasant woman who had hung up on me was going to be sitting in her Supervisor's office reviewing out conversation.

Now when I called I wasn't doing so just to bitch about the rude one but to compliment the one girl from Friday evening who did help. The Supervisor was happy for the positive feedback.

Now for the part you all may have troubles believing. The girl from Friday evening actually called me shortly after I spoke with the Supervisor. She said she was thinking about me and my order since she left Friday and called to find out how things played out. Now this happened like 5 minutes prior to her shift starting. Well, I didn't have the opportunity to call her Supervisor back again yesterday but I have every intention to do so, so that she is aware of this girl's actions. I will also be reiterating my prior suggestion to have her and the Lead switch positions.

The process of making a claim for the loss is done online as is the complaint for their screwing up which flight it ended up on causing the delay in arrival.

My biggest bitch about this whole thing is (other than the rude woman) the way their scanning system automatically checks things in after one hour. To me that is not only dishonest but wrong. I'm sorry but to post my package status as arrived here when they actually arrived in Illinois is horse crap.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
WJS Herps
Maybe after they get enough complaints about the automated check in system they will start looking at a different process. Of course they'll weight the costs of everything and see if the potential business lost/gained is worth it.

As for the people you deal with - it's such a grab bag. It's amazing how a bad situation can be made better or worse just by the tone a person takes.

I've gotten basically the same answer to a negative situation by different people before and felt two completely different ways just based on the way I was treated.

I'm surprised more people don't deliver outstanding customer service in this economy - especially those working in large businesses. Everyone is replaceable and nowadays those replacements are lining up...

Part of the training plan in my section - in fact two of the first items you are checked off on - are "delivering outstanding customer service" and "communications courtesy."

Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Tiger Lilly
YOU GO DAVE! I love it when I request to speak to a supervisor & am told they don't have one...just more ammo for me!
Poor guy, you really are having a rough time of it, to say the least.

"The packages arrived finally with damage to two which caused loss/escape from those boxes and loss (death) of a portion of my order."
What became of this?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
YOU GO DAVE! I love it when I request to speak to a supervisor & am told they don't have one...just more ammo for me!
Poor guy, you really are having a rough time of it, to say the least.

"The packages arrived finally with damage to two which caused loss/escape from those boxes and loss (death) of a portion of my order."
What became of this?
I still have to speak with the shipper (expecting that call tomorrow morning) and see if they or I have to make the claim.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!