parasite problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
perefalcon
parasite problem

ok, my bell has parasites...I can't remember which ones. My cousin did a fecal for me, she's a tech at a vet office that deals with herps. She told me I needed panacur and flagyl I think that's how I spell it. Is there somewhere other than a vet office that I can get it?

Old 01-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
raiquee
well, panacur can be bought at practically any place that sellings farming things (We have a farm and fleet over in WI) as panacur is a horse dewormer. Flagyl can be bought through www.beanfarm.com but i HIGHLY suggest that you contact your cousin to give you the proper amount to give her (she needs to do it by gram weight) as well as maybe a flagyl through work. The stuff they sell on beanfarm is a fish med, and is kinda gritty and doesn't mix well to create an even consistancy, leading to over dosing.

Please make sure you read before you attempt doing this. If you overdose, I nor anyone on fauna can be held responsible.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
Different parasites need different treatments. It is EXTREMELY important you know exacty what parasites you are dealing with! IMO, only a qualified veterinarian can diagnose and prescribe the correct medication and dosage for your gecko depending on it's weight.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
perefalcon
ok I've got the panacu ordered, she told me to bring in the leo early friday morning and she'd get the exact weight for the dosage, this way I'm saving money

Old 01-17-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
perefalcon
oops, panacur

she's giving the info to the vet so he can confirm, she'll be going to vet school next year so he lets her give her opinion to her friends and family, he'll always verify though

Old 01-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
I can send you a card of flagyl for $4 plus $1.25 shipping, it is the generic Metrozol 250mg per capsule. VS beanfarms $6 plus whater shipping.

Just make sure you get the right treatment for the right parasite and teh right dose for each medication from your vet.

Just PM me if you need it and Ill go pick it up for you and mail it to you, I can also get safeguards (panacur) for $10 a tube and shipping is $2.27

Old 01-18-2006, 08:57 AM   #7
perefalcon
ok my albino, the one who will not eat, shed this morning, is this a good sign? I had to help her get it all off, she spent 10 minutes in warm water to loosen her toes up a bit. Didn't seem to mind it, just sat there and let her butt float

Old 01-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
perefalcon
ok I gave her a mix of a pill crushed up that a local breeder gave me for the problem as well as rid-worm....3 hours later she's drinking, and showing a little interest in crickets. How long after medicine is administered should they start acting more normal? I really need answers on this. Sometimes I think people on here know more than some vets do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!