Bad Guy Matt Shrimplin - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #41
LauraB
Robin, either you have not read this entire thread and actually looked at the photos posted of this particular gecko in question, or you simply don't comprehend the situation. The "happy" thread Allee started (with photos) at Gecko Forums is quite obviously about different geckos.

Matt stated/admitted:
"I did inform Ken about this gecko's foot and hemipene issue. I was unaware of the calcium deficiency or MBD and according to my friend this gecko was a great breeder. I advised Ken to place Neosporin on the wound and/or soak the gecko in a solution of salt water. I only had the gecko a week or two before selling it. You should have contacted me before wasting money at the vet. I would have replaced the gecko and just had you pay the cost of shipping... which would have been way cheaper than a vet bill. This gecko left my facility a little banged up."

Now what does that say to you, Robin? Perhaps you received geckos from Matt that you are perfectly happy with. Allee did not. Allee received a gecko that never should have been sold in the first place. Allee received a gecko that never should have left Matt's possession until it was completely healthy. MBD is not invisible. A gash on a foot is not invisible.

This is about Matt making a profit off a gecko that was given to him, that was, by Matt's own admission, "banged up". This is about poor customer service and not properly caring for an animal in obvious need of care. This is about a guy who knowingly sold and shipped an animal he knew had health issues.
Whether he told Ken or not is actually relevant IMO. The animal should not have been offered for sale in the first place. The problem is Matt and ethics IMO.

I personally would not ship this gecko back to Matt. This little guy has been through enough already. If Matt didn't care about the animal's health in the first place, he likely won't care much about it in the future and just offer it up again for a lousy buck.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #42
Allee Toler
Thank you! Laura.

I'm tired of repeating myself.

I have just received an apology, and an offer to correct the situation. I'm accepting the apology, and moving on.

So there's a new purpose for this thread. Don't let a breeder snub your complaints! It'll get you no where. ;]

Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #43
robin d.
yes yes yes i read that but if it was soo horribly bad why did ken accept the gecko? and then pass this "sick" gecko to allee.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #44
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allee Toler View Post
Thank you! Laura.

I'm tired of repeating myself.

I have just received an apology, and an offer to correct the situation. I'm accepting the apology, and moving on.

So there's a new purpose for this thread. Don't let a breeder snub your complaints! It'll get you no where. ;]
I'm very glad to hear there was an offer to correct the situation. Please do post here when the situation is resolved. We all need to look out for each other in the leo hobby. Mistakes can and will be made by any of us breeders but it's how we deal with and correct our mistakes that show our true character and morals. IMO.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #45
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s. View Post
yes yes yes i read that but if it was soo horribly bad why did ken accept the gecko? and then pass this "sick" gecko to allee.
I think only Ken can answer that question it seems, and hopefully he will. I would not ship a gecko in that condition out to customer or friend.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #46
Cyano
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmatt74 View Post
This is Matt, the seller of the Mack Snow Enigma Male. When I shipped the gecko he was eating great, had no fece problems, and was much larger than the pics I've seen of him recently. I told Ken about the cut on the foot and the exposed hemipene. I just received an email from some girl that Ken sent the gecko to and have tried resolving the issue by sending her another male gecko and an additional female for her troubles. Don't give me your bull-crap about "GREED". I sell my geckos at prices lower than almost anyone on the internet and do my best to advertise them accurately. Some people are so f$#*ing quick to judge. Don't be a coward and talk sh*t behind my back... grow some balls and contact me personally!
Matt please post with your full name and/or correct name per the BOI rules.

Greg Mattesich

Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #47
Allee Toler
On Ken's defense, it didn't look sick. He didn't look sick when I got him until later that night after a feeding.

He should be home soon, I'll tell him to post on here. The issue should be resolved tonight, we're in PM relay.

Kelli, "..it's how we deal with and correct our mistakes that show our true character and morals.."
That's the sole reason I decided to post.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #48
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allee Toler View Post
Kelli, "..it's how we deal with and correct our mistakes that show our true character and morals.."
That's the sole reason I decided to post.
I'm glad you did. Myself and the GF mods support the BOI and this is the place to resolve these types of issues. Sounds like it will be resolved. Like I said, we all make mistakes and we all can get emotional when we feel attacked but those that calm down and think rationally and fix a mistake are still good guys in my book.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #49
thestack510
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
...that animal (in my opinion) has the look of being "overbred".
I said this in my post prior.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #50
robin d.
Ken, what was the correspondence between you and matt, when you got the gecko?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!