Bad Guy Embergeckos - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
zetagecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkiggins View Post
Well said, and agreed. The bottom line with the giant gene is, it is a gene, and affects the overall size and body configuration of the gecko, making it longer and elongated. Why weight became such an important factor, I have no idea. I guess people want their geckos to be obese in order to call them big.

I accepted the credit because I wanted to be done with the situation. I ended up getting a true super out of the deal for not a lot more money, and the difference was obvious in that animal very early on. It is nearing 7 months, and is clearly longer than a giant at that age.
Here are my 2 giant and super giant and their build difference. The bb het db is giant and the other is a super giant... not alot of difference mind you but definitely there is. the bb at 111g and the tremper at 120g.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #32
Kristi23
Have you heard anything back from them yet?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #33
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
Have you heard anything back from them yet?
Yes, he emailed me. Included various information but said he was not going to post here because "I never comment to threads on forums as this is a public place for others to share their opinion." I emailed back reminding him how many people check this site prior to purchase, but have heard no more.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #34
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Yes, he emailed me. Included various information but said he was not going to post here because "I never comment to threads on forums as this is a public place for others to share their opinion." I emailed back reminding him how many people check this site prior to purchase, but have heard no more.
I hope he changes his mind and replies. He's someone I've thought about buying from.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #35
zetagecko
I dont think there would be a response... the facts are laid out with pictures. If he does though, Ill be sure to let everyone know. As I said before, the ball is in his court. He has my contact information and knows where I am. Whether he wants to remedy the situation is entirely up to him.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #36
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetagecko View Post
I dont think there would be a response... the facts are laid out with pictures. If he does though, Ill be sure to let everyone know. As I said before, the ball is in his court. He has my contact information and knows where I am. Whether he wants to remedy the situation is entirely up to him.
That's sad. I guess I won't be doing any business with him unless he explains and makes it right. I would really like to hear why he thinks the gecko isn't giant size.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #37
zetagecko
Quote:
I would be interested in seeing the various information he included, especially since the gecko itself with pictures supports a contradictory conclusion....

Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
I would be interested in seeing the various information he included, especially since the gecko itself with pictures supports a contradictory conclusion....
Dominic, you refused to update and contact the seller yourself. Perhaps he will send you the same post he sent me when you contact him.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #39
zetagecko
Quote:
Dominic, you refused to update and contact the seller yourself. Perhaps he will send you the same post he sent me when you contact him.
Lucille, its quite alright.. While Im curious as to what he says, I dont think any post or information he sends to you or me contacting him will magically change my gecko into a super giant at this point... Because nothing he says can change the results. Whether he refers to genetics or lineage, the gecko is not a super giant. Updating him about it simply wont change the fact either and I cant imagine going through all the bs to possibly get a replacement only to wait another 1 1/2 years to see if this time around he made good on his word? I just dont think me or anyone would want that. Would anyone want to have that question linger in the back of their minds for over a year? Especially when dealing with super giant and giant geckos, the sellers word is truly important and in this case it simply wasnt...

As originally stated, Ive moved on and the main purpose of my thread and feedback on this forum was to highlight this issue from this seller and still is. My follow up with the sunglow is merely to show those who have some doubts about the validity of my claim Of course, others have chimed in with similar experiences to support this. Ultimately,this thread is to benefit others like me who are looking to get into the hobby. Whether or not people want to chance it and wait 1 1/2 year to find out is really up to them...

Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #40
Kristi23
Quote:
Lucille, its quite alright.. While Im curious as to what he says, I dont think any post or information he sends to you or me contacting him will magically change my gecko into a super giant at this point... Because nothing he says can change the results. Whether he refers to genetics or lineage, the gecko is not a super giant. Updating him about it simply wont change the fact either and I cant imagine going through all the bs to possibly get a replacement only to wait another 1 1/2 years to see if this time around he made good on his word? I just dont think me or anyone would want that. Would anyone want to have that question linger in the back of their minds for over a year? Especially when dealing with super giant and giant geckos, the sellers word is truly important and in this case it simply wasnt...

As originally stated, Ive moved on and the main purpose of my thread and feedback on this forum was to highlight this issue from this seller and still is. My follow up with the sunglow is merely to show those who have some doubts about the validity of my claim Of course, others have chimed in with similar experiences to support this. Ultimately,this thread is to benefit others like me who are looking to get into the hobby. Whether or not people want to chance it and wait 1 1/2 year to find out is really up to them...

It's always possible that he could send you an adult super giant to replace it. You'll never know since you refuse to contact him. It seems a bit strange to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!