Bad Guy Ken from ExoticPets in Las Vegas - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
David Reid
I would not have brought this up, but, since there is a new thread already, Ken, what the Hell are the Tequila Balls, and why are they $400? Please don't come here and respond with, "That is what they were sold to me as."

Dave

Old 07-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
Ken Foose
Dave, below is an exact copy of my ad. I don't know what more you'd like me to add to it, but as the ad says "we can talk". As for the price, I do believe I'm allowed to charge anything I want for anything I own as long as it's mine to sell. Once again the "we can talk" thing comes into play here. I hope this clears things up for you a bit. I'm not trying to be rude. I have these snakes, I don't know what they are, but I would very much like to sell them. If anyone has some constructive ideas on what they might be, please email me at Exoticpetslv@aol.com. The price is subjective as to what they are, or what someone is willing to pay for them.

I have a yearling sexed pair of these Tequila Ball Pythons. Frankly, the breeder made up the name, and I have no history on these at all. Not being a Ball python fancier, I really don't know what they are. Some have said they are Yellow Bellies, and some say they are not. They might be something very special, but then again they might not. These are $250 each or $400 for the pair, or we can talk.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
I have a yearling sexed pair of these Tequila Ball Pythons. Frankly, the breeder made up the name, and I have no history on these at all. Not being a Ball python fancier, I really don't know what they are. Some have said they are Yellow Bellies, and some say they are not. They might be something very special, but then again they might not. These are $250 each or $400 for the pair, or we can talk.
Seems pretty explicitly clear about what they are named and why- along with the directly stated, absolute clarity of the unknown qualities involved.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #24
Lloyd Heilbrunn
I bought from Ken a couple of months go.The transaction went perfectly.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #25
David Reid
So a breeder slapped a meaningless name on some "probable normal" Balls, and you decided to run with it? Have they been bred, reproduced, do they have any quality that makes one wonder, hmmm, are these something other than normals? Or, are they for sale with a fancy name hoping someone sees the name and thinks they are generic......I mean genetic. Come on Ken, I expect ads like this from R@rePytho*n$ and a handful of others. It is almost as bad as selling 22% Possible Hets.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #26
Ken Foose
Dave, I don't understand your problem with them. I have been as honest and up front about them as I can be. The breeder claims that they are some sort of morph. I have not. I have not tried to deceive anyone in any way what so ever. I asked him about the name, and he said he named them after his favorite drink. Shoot me. Or come up with the correct name for them and I'll use it. Or make me an offer on them and perhaps you'll come out with something new or neat. Or not.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #27
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
So a breeder slapped a meaningless name on some "probable normal" Balls, and you decided to run with it?
Look at it rather as representing them as no more or less than the information he has available indicates them to be. Did you actually read the text he placed in the ad? It's quite clear what the origins of the name are, as well as the unknown quality that they represent.

Selling them as normals when they might not be would be inherently dishonest through omission- Ken has not done that.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #28
Shadera
I've been chatting with Ken on another possible deal and he's been nothing but up front and honest. I appreciate that he isn't glossing things over and telling me what I want to hear rather than what needs to be said.

He states he didn't breed these animals, and he admits he's not a ball guy. He's just using the information he was given and has said several times that if someone can tell him what those animals really are then he'll gladly call them that. I see no subterfuge.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #29
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley View Post
Look at it rather as representing them as no more or less than the information he has available indicates them to be. Did you actually read the text he placed in the ad? It's quite clear what the origins of the name are, as well as the unknown quality that they represent.

Selling them as normals when they might not be would be inherently dishonest through omission- Ken has not done that.

Ken is NOT a Ball Python freak like you are David. He represented them as he was told.
I have never seen Ken post on BP.net, unlike you. He really doesn't know a lot about ball pythons, he's just trying to get rid of them.
If I still had my King Cobra, I would buy them for food.

Randal Berry

Old 07-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #30
David Reid
I will reserve judgement on the Tequila Balls, and look around for pictures. I am not saying they are or are not something other than normals, although, from the pics, I cannot see anything unusual about them. I have just seen my fair share of ads that say, "I am just selling them as what I got them as." To me, that is a cop out. In this case, it may not be, but in most cases, it is just someone being lazy, and not doing their homework. Since Ken bought a huge collection, maybe this is a dinker project that he got, and he is just selling it as such....Hopefully, the buyer is local, and can take a look at the snakes in person.

As far as the comment that Ken does not know alot about Balls, and is just trying to get rid of them...? If he was "just trying to get rid of them," I doubt they would have a $400 price tag.

If the Tequila is a dinker, what are the markers, what are the traits, or is this just a snake that was one shade of brown lighter, so it was named? Has it been reproduced? I have heard through the grape vine that there may be some traits, and there may be a few others breeding this "morph." It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Ken, do you have any locals that are Ball savy, and can come by and help you out with Ball identification?

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!