Fave glider foods? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
Lucille
Fave glider foods?

I went grocery shopping with my son yesterday and he accidentally dropped the watermelon bringing it into the kitchen and it cracked. So I scooped out all of the watermelon inside. I decided to share some with the gliders and each cage got a small dish full. This morning, it was all gone and I mean those dishes were practically licked clean.

Could y'all please share any fruits/veg that your gliders have particularly enjoyed?

Also, I've heard that some people give mealworms, if you have, how did that work out?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
SierraMarie
Our Gliders go crazy over mealworms. I give them mealworms every other evening or to every third day.

Another treat the really enjoyed were grapes.

So far those are the two treats or foods that they seem to enjoy the most.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Lucille
How do you feed the mealworms to the gliders, in what kind of container?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
StrictlyExotics
I just have a small food container, kind of like the crock dishes but thinner plastic and it seems like a little higher sides. I place them in the container when I know they are active in evening and done of them go to the waste. They love them, they go on a feeding craze. I used to dust them with calcium everytime but I put a calcium supplement in their main food that I feed them so I don't dust the mealworms anymore.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
SierraMarie
The above post was from me. I didn't realize Dean was logged in sorry.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
exo_pets
I have recently found out that my gliders really enjoy cottage cheese. Its is a good source of Calcium and Protein. Which is great for lactating females.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!